close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

shooting ranges in Austin ?

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by BattletweeteR, Aug 28, 2007.

1. BattletweeteR

BattletweeteR dude and stuff

Oct 17, 2005
    houston texas
    taking a girl shooting this weekend.
    i would prefer an indoor range that allows rifles.

any help is appreciated.

2. dglockster

dglockster

Sep 19, 2001
    Texas
    Contact either of the two "Red's." I think they each have an indoor range. The one that is just N.E. of Austin is newer and may be the one to which you should take a date.

3. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Red's in Pflugerville has a 100 yd. indoor range. It will be warm in the range area. The air conditioning helps some, but you will definitely notice a difference between the main store and the range. To get there take the exit off of I35 for highway 1825 into Pflugerville. As you are going towards the main part of town, you will see a construction equipment rental place on the left. There will be a Volvo sign on it. Red's is right next to it, down in a low place as you go up the hill. I haven't been to the one on 290, so I can't give you any information about it. Range fees are $13 per person per hour, and you can rent guns for $8 per hour. If you rent a gun, you have to buy the ammo from Red.

Saturdays are usually hectic at Red's. Have fun and stay safe.

4. cwood

cwood

May 17, 2003
    Austin, TX
    On Monday nights ladies get to shoot for half price and there is no charge to 'rent' a handgun. Just buy the house ammo. Not a bad deal.

5. Phloydius

Phloydius

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Texas
    Eagle Peak on 1431 is not an indoor range, but it is considerably cheaper than Reds. It is $10 per person per day (not hourly) and no limit on the number of guns.