close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting Range Locations (details if possible)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by charlie-xray, Oct 10, 2004.

1. charlie-xray

charlie-xray
    Expand Collapse
    Gunpowder Adik

Gents,

Please can you give me directions on how to go to shooting ranges, preferred Makati or Cavite Area or kung saan man half-way sa dalawa. At papaano ba yun kung Permit to Own lang ang meron ako paano ko madadala yung baril ko to the range LNL or may iba pang puwedeng i-apply (Permit to Carry) madali bang magkaroon nito?

Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. julianz

julianz
    Expand Collapse
    toxic master

try this site check area 1 and area 5
    go to the main page then click on club

http://www.ppsa.org.ph/

the respective club takes care of the permit to transport, i would also suggest you join ppsa so that more area will be covered in the PTT.

3. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

Can't help you out regarding the locations of ranges in Makati or Cavite, but I strongly suggest that you find and join a gun club near your area. The club should take care of the necessary transport permits so you can bring your gun safety to the range without any hassle.

While the old BoG members kid around about using the LNL instead of the PTT, we are of course committed to promoting responsible gun ownership. That's why we use smileys when we mention LNL, kasi joke lang po yon. Plus, joining a good club will widen your circle of shooting buddies from whom you can get many useful pieces of advice.

4. agentrod

agentrod
    Expand Collapse

Makati, there's Northstar (Indoor range) at Makati Cinema Square. I'm a member there and its easy to arrange for membership and PTT. I dont join competitions and still fairly new to the hobby so I just practice once a month. RO's there will even give yo some free advise.

Alabang area, there's Jethro inside Festival mall although pricey (membership and reloads) compared sa Northstar.

HTH

5. bagito

bagito
    Expand Collapse
    tanod

mga sir,
    requirements for ptt, how many days release? thanks
    how about ppsa membership requirements?

6. julianz

julianz
    Expand Collapse
    toxic master

PTT requirements
    1. Cash
    2. Gun license
    3. Picture
    4. Club Endorsement
    5. PTT form

PPSA membership

1. Cash less than 2K first time , renewal is 750
    2. Picture
    3. PPSA form
    4. Club endorsement

how many days depende sa liason officer ng club mo.

7. bagito

bagito
    Expand Collapse
    tanod

thanks alot! :) :)

8. charlie-xray

charlie-xray
    Expand Collapse
    Gunpowder Adik

Agentrod

Salamat Sir, ayos po yung inyong advice. Newbie din ako at medyo super tight din ang sched kaya buwenas na siguro yung makapag-shooting ako a couple of days a year.

Thank you and puwede po kayang mag-submit ako ng application for my membership kahit hindi ako makapunta personally. Papaano po kaya yun kung may info po kayo, pa-share please.

Regards,

9. mikol

mikol
    Expand Collapse

hi to all the BoG's, check this out!! wala ba balita dyan sa Manila about this matter. wag naman sanang mangyari doon sa cebu at tsaka dyan sa manila.

Monday, October 11, 2004
    Rama: Dementia
    By KARLON N. RAMA
    STAGE FIVE

GUN-SAFETY instructors and range officers agree that the only way to teach responsible firearm ownership is to encourage legitimate firearm owners to become active gun-club members.

So how would you react if the local police hams up a policy that does nothing but make it difficult for legitimate gun owners to visit the range for sport or practice?

Me, I went ballistic.

The Firearms and Explosives Security Agencies and Guards Supervisory Section (Fesagss) – yes, that same police unit I showered with copious praise last week for their new firearm license renewal service – has come up with a new policy that aims to drown the legitimate gun owner with fees over applications for Permits To Transport firearms or PTTs.

A PTT is a permit that gun club members need if they want to bring their guns outside of their homes and into the firing range for practice. It has a usual validity of one month and allows you to bring your licensed firearm from your home to your gun club and into any other PNP registered gun club in the country.

Those who don’t have any cannot lawfully bring their guns outside their homes and those who want one need to ask his or her gun club president to send a formal request because Fesagss, as a policy, doesn’t deal with the individual applications.

According to this new policy, the month-long validity of the PTT, which costs about P150, has been cut to six days and will cover only the transportation of a firearm from the owner’s home into the particular gun club the owner is a member of.

If the owner has been invited to shoot in another club or plans to take lessons in that club, albeit not a member thereto, he or she would need to secure (read: pay for) another PTT to cover transport from his or her home to that new club.

WEEKLY. The new gun owner will be affected by this policy because it forces him or her to secure (again, read: pay for) a new PTT every week if he or she intends to visit the range on a weekly basis. At the very least, this draconian policy will discourage new gun owners from getting active in their local club. At worst, it will encourage people to break the law.

For those shooters who compete in the weekly club-shoots alternately hosted by the various clubs here in Cebu, the implementation of this dementia (for purposes of evading libel the term will refer to the policy rather than the mind who cooked it up) could mean extinction.

Some gun club officials I spoke with are criticizing this new policy, calling it oppressive. Nobody was consulted prior to its implementation, I heard.

I called up Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas, the Fesagss chief, for clarification as soon as I heard of the new policy.

And while he said there was no truth to reports that the PTTs will soon be only valid for six days, he confirmed that his office is now limiting the force of the PTT to cover only a firearm’s transport from the owner’s home into the owner’s gun club.

When pressed, Lawas said he was merely trying to correct a system because PTTs that cover transport from the home into PNP-accredited gun clubs are not supposed to be allowed by law.

I burned the midnight candle studying Presidential Decree 1866, amended by Republic 8249, and Executive Order 58, revised by Executive Order 256. While it does prescribe fees – P300 quarterly – there was nothing there about PTTs being restricted to covering only transport of a firearm from the owner’s home and into the owner’s gun club.

During our conversation, Supt. Lawas remarked that shooting is, by in itself, an expensive hobby and that those who can’t keep up with the fees should just stop. I hope didn’t hear him right.

10. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

jeez i don't know if its true but if it is................:steamed:

11. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Mga buwaya talaga. Hindi na kasi kumikita sa PTC, kaya PTT naman ngayon balak pagkakwartahan. :soap:

12. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's one sure way to narrow the gap in gun handling and shooting skills between civilians and law enforcers. Remember that recent report that 90% of policemen don't even have the basic skills to even own a gun, much more to use one... ;Q

I believe the pressure will be felt most by the gun club officers who aid us in securing the permits. Fees will simply be passed-on to the members. Siste nyan, mag-aadvance na lang yung iba para di pabalik-balik

Look at the bright side, mauuso na din ang pre-paid na PTT. ;a

13. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

If there is any truth to this, then the PPSA must step in. The grumbling in this thread is a microcosm of the overall sentiment of those who shoot a lot, be it in competitions or regular plinking.

so let's support PPSA by joining!!!!!!!

o...ano pa inaantay mo diyan? bayad na!;e

14. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

Am already paid. I hope my PPSA ID comes out by next week.

Can anyone with contacts at FED confirm if there is any truth to this news item about the PTTs?

15. mikol

mikol
    Expand Collapse

hi mikey177,

the thread i posted was taken from the write up of my friend in Cebu from his sports column in Cebu Sun Star Daily. I don't know if this "new policy" can be or will be implemented in Cebu only or nationwide.

if I remember right, it was only last Sept. 17 that the PNP-7 (FESAGSS) started renewing firearm license. And the opening of the said office was even attended by the new police chief Aglipay himself. This move was done to decentralize the renewal of firearm licenses. this office(fesagss)is the only office that "renew firearm licenses" outside camp crame and this office is in-charge of all the firearm renewal "only" of regions 6,7 & 8.

the move of having an office in region-7 for firearm licenses renewal was really a good move. But..just after a few weeks of it's existance, the said office now starts :soap: of people from the shooting arena. hope those ;e in that office who created that idea should ;m bugging legitemate gun owner and just bring their selves outside the office and catch some criminals..since that's what they are paid for;Q

16. julianz

julianz
    Expand Collapse
    toxic master

that is totally BS ginagatasan na nga tayo for the numerous fees we have to pay eto at mukhang paduduguin naman ang bulsa natin ..but there is a way around it im sure ...one is our gun club should have a HUGE volt to keep our boomers in the club and whever we want to RATRAT just open it.. Voala or the usuall LNL ;f

17. glockomolly

glockomolly
    Expand Collapse
    Dirty Dawg

Guys, tanong lang po... ano bang advantage/benifits pag PPSA member ka?

18. glockomolly

glockomolly
    Expand Collapse
    Dirty Dawg

Guys meron ba kayong alam na outdoor range sa Makati area or very near mkti area? How about ranges who promotes IDPA? Im kinda interested in IDPA...anyone who is into this sport? /thanks/;f

19. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

You can join PPSA sanctioned matches that are level II and up. Also, you can indicate more ranges when your club gets a PTT for you. That's all I know, since I'm also just becoming a PPSA member now :)

20. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

I'm afraid I don't understand what the big deal is.
    Maybe it's ignorance on my part,
    as I've only been PTT'ing for a little over a year.

Follow me on this:

A typical PTT has an effectivity of 3 months, after which you can simply renew via your gunclub. The "six-day permit" scare turned out to be without basis in fact, according to this Superintendent Lawas. Nothing seems to have changed as far as duration of effectivity is concened, right?

A typical PTT specifies who, what firearm and which gunclubs it covers.
    Again, I've only been at it a year, but I can theoretically request a number of widely scattered gunclubs entered in my PTT application. Yes, the gunclub will do the application for me, and in the sense that they may not like carrying someone else's water, they might not include any rival ranges on your app. Why should they encourage my peso to go to the other ranges?

Imagining a PTT automatically and generally covers transit to/from any and all gunclubs/ranges in the archipelago can seem a bit much. That would render useless the stipulation on the PTT that "This PTT is valid within the target range compound and along the route to the target range. A detour not to exceed one (1) kilometer from the usual route may be authorized if necessitated by the adverse road conditions or for justifiable reasons beyond the control of the authorized bearer." since most points in the Philippines would arguably lie on a path to one or another gunclub.

Maybe a PTT should be nationwide, but that's not my point.
    My point is, I don't see where anything changed in the nature of the PTT. It's not like something was suddenly taken away from us, is it?

If the PTT could be improved in concept and implemnentation,
    If it could be made a ationwide any-gunclun/range pass...
    I'm all for it, and maybe discussing the flaws is part
    of the solutions process... but...

Again...
    I don't see where we got 'suddenly' screwed.
    I don't see where the PTT suddenly changed to our detriment.