close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shooting in Gainesville, FL

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mikegc, Jul 17, 2012.

1. mikegc

mikegc

May 9, 2012
  2. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I would like to know how many shots were on target and where they hit. In the video it looks like no shots made solid hits.

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    It looked like an IDPA drill except real *******s to shoot at.

4. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    Both BG's were hit and later arrested . This video is proof positive that a .380 won't put them down but it sure gets their ass in gear running .... That ole'feller ( I call him Ole' I'm Ole' ) handled himself pretty well considering the adrenaline dump he just experienced. I'm not sure the lady standing a few feet from the muzzle, whose ears are still ringing would care though .... He lined up his shot well, the drop to the knee looked reflex and he followed thru . If he missed a few , big deal, his downrange was clear , except for maybe the shot out the door. But over all a stellar civilian shoot right there. I’d by him a box to restack the mag , and buy him the adult beverage of his choice were he so inclined !!!

5. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    From several other threads on Glocktalk about this shooting, it looks like he hit both of them and one of them was hit twice. I only counted about five shots fired by the old man. Pretty good shooting at moving targets with a mouse pistol, IMO.

Do a Glocktalk search for more information.

6. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Hooah, Hooah.

Apr 10, 2009
    The Sunshine State
    FLORIDA! If the cops don't shoot ya, us regular folks will!
    Go Gators.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  7. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    Searched. Couldn't find any other threads on this. Do you have a link?

8. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Dec 26, 2008
    Fixed it for ya :whistling:

9. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
  10. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Hooah, Hooah.

Apr 10, 2009
    The Sunshine State
    No way dude. Don't make us call Tebow!!

11. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Even a .380 can sometimes scare them away. The problem is, what if they HADN'T run off?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  13. elliotb33

elliotb33

Sep 2, 2011
    Great post agree.

Watching the vid I thought the robber with the gun was going to return fire but lucky for the old guy he didn't.

14. +1. I would not want to be in a two-way firefight armed a pocket fart maker. after watching the video I giggled a little bit when they were scrambling for exit

15. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    If they hadn't run off, he'd either have to shoot them some more or take cover, reload, then shoot them some more...same with most other pistols.
    Nobody likes being shot, much less being shot at. Thugs aren't reknown for valor.

16. uscgamecock

uscgamecock

Feb 4, 2010
    Elgin, SC
    When they fell over each other while going out the door it reminded me of the 3 stooges.

17. 257 roberts

257 roberts

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm with you !!!!!!:wavey:

18. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I read some other articles on it. One guy was shot in the arm and the other guy was shot in the leg and butt (he's the one that ate the floor). The guy that was shot in the leg and butt collapsed as soon as the bullet hit is leg. He later passed out from shock and blood loss. I think the 380s coming out of that firearm did all they could do with the direction they were thrown. I doubt a 9mm, 40, or 45 would have done significantly better with that shot placement.

Main thing is, it worked. And it worked because the old man had it with him. If you can carry a large handgun, by all means do. But if you can't, then get something smaller and make sure it's with you.

19. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I showed my wife the video and she was cracking up the whole time. She actually thought it was staged.

20. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    It needs Benny Hill music.