close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by PhatAlbert, May 13, 2012.

1. Looking for a new pair of shooting glasses but also every day wear. I have some old Oakley Juliet sunglasses that new to be retired. All suggestion welcome.

Posted from an iPhone

2. Holy smokes I would hope so for 200-400 bucks. I was looking for something cheaper... Unless I sold my Juliet's hmm...

Posted from an iPhone

3. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    You didn't say if you need correction or just safety/sun glasses.

4. You didn't say cheap. :rofl: I only have one set of eyes. I don't mind spending big money on them.

I also have a pair of these...

You can pick them up for under $50 They come with multiple lenses and best of all you can change out the ear pieces to use the included strap. The strap is MUCH more comfortable under hearing protection.

[​IMG]

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pr...sCode=173&ProductLine=812,GUARD&ItemCode=4006

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. DoubleO-10

DoubleO-10

Mar 25, 2012
  6. Looks like I might go with Wiley x brand

Posted from an iPhone

7. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the Wiley's.

8. That sounds good you own any Wiley's?

Posted from an iPhone

9. Yep. ^^^

10. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    I've been happy with Oakleys. I think the model was Strike, but mine have replaceable lenses so I can go clear indoors or tinted outside. Not cheap but very versatile.

11. That's the thing "not cheap" I got these Juliet's as a hand me down... Heck if I think their worth 400 brand new lol. Pallets are goo brand though just pricey. If anyone has these Wiley's please let me know your thoughts.

Posted from an iPhone

12. I don't have that pair, but I have tried them on. I didn't like the foam all the way around. They felt like ski goggles to me.

How long is your typical range session? It actually makes a difference. For me, I can be at a USPSA match for 6+ hours in changing light conditions. After 2 hours or so, ANY glasses with stems (except for the Rudy's. They are ULTRA thin) start to give me a headache. My ear pro presses them into a nerve or something behind my ear.

13. My range session is my back yard anytime I want but primarily during the day. I also use sunglasses for mowing an wee eating

Posted from an iPhone

14. Went to a bass pro shop found out I didn't like those glasses but liked the p17. I think im going get them prescriptive so during the day I have good eye protection and can see

Posted from an iPhone

15. Highland doc

Highland doc

Jul 24, 2011
    I love my oalkey half jacket xlj's. Been using them for about 8 years, and all of the parts can be replaced if needed.

16. Yea heard good things about half jackets but that style of sunglasses just don't fit me that well

Posted from an iPhone

17. Vultite

Vultite

Dec 14, 2009
    Tampa bay area