close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shooting Competitions?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by jpforrest, Mar 2, 2009.

1. jpforrest

jpforrest

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have been trying to figure out where some shooting competitions might be in NW Indiana, to no avail. So does anyone know of any shooting competitions around here? If not I think that means one will have to be started! :supergrin:

2. kiss holsters

kiss holsters

Feb 9, 2009

3. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Sep 1, 2005
    NW IN
    Where is NWI are you? Where do you usually go to shoot.
    I was just thinking I might like to try a competition. I will probly come in last but it would still be fun.

4. jpforrest

jpforrest

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I live in Valparaiso, I usually shoot at Jasper/Pulaski, and Blythe's. haha yea I know what you mean about coming in last, I've only had my G 19 for like a month. I just think it would be a lot of fun and a good learning experience

5. unfortunate son

unfortunate son

Jan 24, 2009
    jp, take a look at this sight. I've shot at a couple steel plate shoots there. There are quite a few opportunities to check out.

http://www.npccc.net/

It is just north of Valpo on 49.

6. Scutter01

Scutter01

Mar 18, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
  7. jdhaines

jdhaines Matls. Engineer

Feb 2, 2006
    South Bend, IN
    I just helped a guy launch a website for the St. Joeseph Valley Rifle & Pistol Association. From what I understand, it's about 8 R&P clubs and ranges that are participate. check it out at http://www.SJVRP.com (Don't mind the website, we're just getting it rolling) I'm not a member, but I might be someday.

8. brandon911

brandon911

Dec 11, 2008
    NW Indiana

I live in Rensselaer In. I shoot at Jasper Pulaski and blythes as well. Email me and maybe we can meet up at Jasper Pulaski and shoot together sometime.

brandon911

brandon47944@yahoo.com

9. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Sep 1, 2005
    NW IN
    I guess no one wants to shoot with me. :crying:

:rofl:

10. g194life

g194life

Mar 13, 2008
    Goshen, Indiana
    You need to first figure out what kinda of competition you want to do, lots of choices with there on rules, variations and purposes.... I shoot IDPA mostly and can actually attend a match every weekend and a mini- practice/match every Wednesday night within about an hour of your location. You have plenty of choices near you and the above links are great ones to get you started...

If you are interested in IDPA let me know and I can gat you pointed in that direction...