shooting a 10mm indoors?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by G29SFWTF, Aug 13, 2013.

1. The outdoor range I go to is closed on Tuesdays and sometimes that is the most convenient day to shoot for me. How is shooting full power 10mm indoors if I got desparate enough to go to the indoor range? Lots of concussion? I'll be shooting Underwood 180 TMJ.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Converting a Glock 41 to shooting 10MM? General Glocking Aug 16, 2015
    10mm article: Shooting, April 2014 The 10 Ring Mar 5, 2014
    G20 10mm vs 44 MAGNUM Shooting metal plate The 10 Ring May 13, 2013
    Glock 10MM Shooting High? The 10 Ring Jan 27, 2013
    New to Glocks and 10mm but not shooting Introduction Forum Dec 25, 2012

3. You can probably count om your brass bouncing off of every solid surface in there too. it can be somewhat distracting while shooting the 1st few shots.

4. I do exactly that fairly regularly and its not such a big deal.

The indoor range that I go to has people shooting .44 Magnums, AR15's (.223 frangible) and shotguns so I am not the loudest by quite a margin.

Shooting indoors with a guy and his .44 Mag on one side and a guy with an AR15 on the other, certainly helps you get over any flinch reflex you may have :wow:

It does make you realise that the first thing to go in any real HD scenario would be your hearing. :wow:

The one thing you do have to be careful with is hot brass getting wedged between clothing and skin. I have 2 nice scars on my neck from two separate incidents where one of my brass casing bounced off the ceiling and straight down the back of my neck where it wedged against my collar. :shocked:

A floppy hat solved the problem.
  5. I use ear plugs and muffs together when I shoot indoors all the time. You can still hear but the noise form the guy next to you is a lot less.
    #4 AZson, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. Yes I think I would go with the plugs and muffs. I'd probably be done for the day if stuck between a .44 and a .223. Well here's hoping it's a slow day there.
  7. I've fired 9mm, 5.56 out of an M-16 and M-249, and 7.62 out of an M-240 indoors at a 12 lane, 30 yard long range. Double ear pro was mandatory, and I think it should be when shooting indoors as the volume of any of them was ridiculous. I suggest getting good earplugs and muffs. Note that they don't need to be super expensive, but the most expensive plugs and muffs are a pittance compared to a hearing aid.
  8. I hate shooting indoors with anything. However, I've shot short barreled 44mags indoors before, so a 10mm is no problem.

I don't find it bad at all.
  9. I've never shot indoors, but of course I can shoot in my yard though so why would I.Love living in the country.
  10. I shoot my 10's at the NRA Range in Fairfax VA every Friday with Underwood 180g TMJ like you.

I wear ear plugs and my 25 dollar Leight ears. No issues. Concussion is a non issue for me.

I shoot my 308 Colt LE 901-16S there as well.
    #9 swinokur, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013