close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shooter from NJ Utilizing PA Outdoor Range?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by fatalz, Jun 11, 2008.

1. fatalz

fatalz Newbie

May 20, 2008
    North Carolina
    Hello Folks,

First time poster, although I have been lurking on GT for a while. I just got my Firearms ID Card and permit to purchase and bought a Glock 23, and so far, I have probably put about 1,000 rounds through it at an indoor range in NJ.

My question for the PA forum is can I go to your outdoor ranges and shoot legally? Pike is the closest to me, and I would like to shoot outdoors sometime this summer...

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

2. Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Mar 1, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Absolutely.

You do not need any kind of license or permit to take a handgun to the range. However, lacking a PA license to carry (or an out-of-state on with reciprocity) it must be unloaded (gun and ammo NOT in the same container).

3. fatalz

fatalz Newbie

May 20, 2008
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the response. It would be from my house to the range and back, so I guess no CCW (NJ doesn't give them anyway for the most part) is required. This is awesome news.

Thanks again.

4. pete1953

pete1953

Aug 27, 2004
    If you have a Florida, Virginia, or NH non-resident permit to carry, you can legally carry concealed in PA. If you don't have any of these permits and do any traveling, the Florida CCW non-resident permit will allow CCW in, I believe, 28 states. A worthwhile investment for $117 and proof of having taken training in the past 5 years.