close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shipping Info

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by cmrtwister2, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cmrtwister2

cmrtwister2

Feb 1, 2007
    florida
    I sold a handgun and shipped to a persons FFL dealer through Fedex and I was charged $63.00 from central florida to the dealer in Texas , does that sound right???

2. My FFL charges max $25.00 for long guns, think i paid $15 to have last handgun shipped.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Probably.
    My dealer/pusher does $45.

4. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    If you ship from a FFL they can send threw the mail. We do and charge most people $35.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

That sounds like next day or second day delivery charge.

6. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    Sounds like you got charged for overnight plus a dealer fee.... also known as a rip-off. FFL dealers can send handguns USPS Priority, which is the cheapest way to ship them

7. cmrtwister2

cmrtwister2

Feb 1, 2007
    florida
    I should have gone through a local dealer but I had to go Fedex next day air usps said they would not ship a handgun. Thanks for the replies

8. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    You as an individual shipped a handgun to a dealer. You did what you had to, which was use overnight shipping via a common carrier.

An individual cannot ship a handgun using the Postal Service. A huge no-no. A FFL dealer, however can ship a handgun USPS. It may have been cheaper for you to pay a FFL dealer to ship the handgun for you, depending what surcharge they would have tacked on.