close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Shipping Brass to California

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by idahoglock36, Feb 3, 2013.

1. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Mar 4, 2008
    Just checking to see if anyone knows if it is ok to ship 9mm brass to California?

I have a guy that wants some brass but I'm unfamilar if it is ok to ship.

Thanks

2. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    No problem that I know of and I live in California.

I buy once-fired brass from all over the place and, at the moment, there are no restrictions on ammo or components.

Richard

3. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Yep, perfectly legal unless you have primers in them. Then us UPS.

4. XshooterX

XshooterX

Oct 24, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's punishable by death. It is, however, ok to ship it for free to Texas. Ill pm you my address.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    BUllets & unprimed brass are good to go in USPS flat rate boxes. Anything else, UPS or Fedex. Only certain counties & cities have ammo restrictions, but as of yet, not reloading components. Liberal's are slow though, it will take them awhile to figure out people can actually buidl their own ammo, then they will restrict that too.
    Go RAVENS! Nothing good comes out of SanFran.

6. Kalifornia politicians are trying to one up N.Y., they are introducing a bill where you can only have 5 rounds of live ammunition, and as to components, Primers, Powder, Unprimed Brass, and Loose Projectiles or Bullets, you can only have
    2 out of 4 in your residence at any one time.
    And, "We Will Need To See Your Papers".

fredj338 is right though, except for Baltimore.

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, that's why I'm here instead of watching it being played now.
    I hate Waxed Face Pelosi (S.F.), as much as I hate that
    thug Ray, (I Got Away With It), Lewis. from Baltimore.

7. got_metal

got_metal

Dec 19, 2009
    The Wasteland
    Link?

8. EL_NinO619

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    True, except the exception of hot girl on girl action..:whistling::supergrin:

9. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Ok, burning building, Pelosi & Lewis are in there, you can only save one for a $1M reward, which one? Easy pick for me. Again, nothing good comes out of the SanFran area.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  10. zippyhuntin

zippyhuntin

Dec 16, 2011
    NE Iowa
    Let 'em burn. I'm not out anything......:whistling:

11. EL_NinO619

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Again I am looking for the hot lady lickers to save. I will throw gas on Pelosi before I grab her purse and then point to the exit for Ray. With Pelosi CC# I would make a huge donation to the NRA and order a lot of components online....:steamed:

Ah a man can dream:dunno:

12. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't need the money...

Richard

13. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Anchor beer tastes pretty darn good.:dunno:

14. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    There are so many other comperable or better beers, I wouldn't supprot anything coming out of SanFran. It has to be one of THE most F-uped cities on the planet. One trip will prove it. BTW, Go Ravens, my point was just elevated.:supergrin:

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA

I'm pretty sure that was a joke, dude.

He wasn't saying, "magazine limited to 5 rounds", but that you could only possess 5 live rounds. Period. At least, the way I read it. If his intentions were otherwise, he needs to work on his writing skills.

16. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    ThAt is an internet BS story anyway. There is no way to inforce any type of ammo ban unless they are willing to subvert the search & seizure laws too. It is crazy here though, land of fruits & nuts, they could throw anything up there & make us challenge it in court. Man I hate living here.:steamed:

17. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    I was going to start a thread about it, but it sounds like it's being covered here.

Shipping loaded ammo is legal, but only UPS and Fedex ground/home will do it? Do we need the ORM-D small arms cartridges labels? Do Fedex/UPS need to be told what it is?

I've got a case of .45acp Blazer and some South African battle packs of M193 that I figure I may as well sell while ammo prices are totally crazy.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013