Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Shipping Ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Glock1911, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Glock1911

Glock1911 Jackson Wagoner

Dec 28, 2007
    Inside your head
    After doing some gun trading, I find that I have several boxes of ammo that I need to sell. I've Googled "shipping ammuniton" and discovered that I need D.O.T. training to ship ammo and a OMR-D label and ship via UPS or FedEx.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    If I have to jump through the D.O.T. training hoop, I'm thinking that taking the ammo to the next gun show in my area may be a better alternative.
  2. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Just box it up and take it to a UPS station and tell them it's ammo and they'll put the ORM-D sticker on your box for you. You can also ship via Fed-Ex.

I ship ammo to my cartridge collecting friends all the time and haven't had a lick of problems.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010

3. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Loaded ammo you just need the ORMD label and a 200lbs crush test box. Shipping hazardous items like primers and gunpowder require hazmat shipping certification.
  4. Glock1911

Glock1911 Jackson Wagoner

Dec 28, 2007
    Inside your head
    Thanks, seems the "200lbs crush test box" is a fairly common item. That makes things easier.