Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Shipping Ammo,Only UPS would do it.

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by gunparts, Feb 9, 2013.

1. gunparts

Sep 19, 2011
    So i sold 4 bricks of 22 LR ammo on and received the Payment. I had never shipped ammo befor.I went to the UPS Store and was told they do not ship Ammo, then i went to the Fedex hub and I was told they do not ship ammo, 3rd time was the charm I went to the UPS hub in Spokane and without any trouble they shipped the 4 Bricks with a Warning sticker.Shipping 22 LR ammo. Was very ez with them.
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    UPS: Only the "HUB" ships ammo.

Fedex: I have never shipped ammo with Fedex, but I have received many cases of ammo delivered by Fedex.

3. RichardB

RichardB Silver Member

Jul 29, 2007
    UPS Stores, which are usually Mom and Pop operations, are not allowed to ship firearms either. You must go to the real UPS facility.
  4. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I shipped 2 bricks of .22lr back to Speer in Idaho for exchange (it was defective) and UPS came and picked it up at my door. I've also only received deliveries of ammo from UPS.

So much so that the driver(s) joke that if SHTF they know where they are gonna want to be!!!
  5. fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    You have to be a major player to use Fedex for ammo. UPS will certainly do it, but as noted, not the small privately owned stores, only the hubs. USPS, no luck their either. They could certainly make a lot of money shipping ammo in flat rate boxes, but noooo, better to close Sat service.
    FWIW, it also cost the individual a lot more to ship ammo than a comapny w/ shipping contracts thru UPS. I can get 1000rds shipped to me from PSA for around $15. Last year I sent just 200 rds to GA for an IDPA match, cost me $23. Yeah, we get screwed.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. FishyOne

Nov 12, 2012
    Dubuque, Iowa
    That's my experience too. UPS Ground only. Local FedEx requires a HazMat permit from the shipper (me) and I don't have one.
  7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I wonder who the ammo wholesalers use? UPS?