close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shipping ammo into Calif

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by deathrunner60, Apr 21, 2013.

1. deathrunner60

deathrunner60
    Expand Collapse

I was warned for posting this thread in the wrong forum (no excuses) and after scrolling thru the list I landed on this forum which seems to be my best bet for posting on this topic. I hope I can start this thread here because I do appreciate my time here on Glock Talk. I'm interested in information on whether or not it's legal to have ammunition (specifically .45acp) shipped to Calif. from online purchases. Are there any restrictions on this? What are they? Where can I find definitive info? Thank you for your knowledgeable replies. Be safe.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Stevekozak

Stevekozak
    Expand Collapse
    Returning video

I dont know the answers to your questions, but where did you have this posted before that you got warned about it? I don't think you will get much action here. I would think General Firearms or General Glocking maybe? Mods on this site are getting weird about stuff.

3. deathrunner60

deathrunner60
    Expand Collapse

I originally posted on general glocking...I do see the error I made and this seems like the best alternative. I haven't been posting on this site very long and do appreciate the help I get from time to time.

4. seed

seed
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you still can order ammo into California...I have many times. There are some cities and counties that restrict it, such as (shockingly) SF, Oakland, LA, and some other smaller cities. You can usually find out if your city is okay from the ammo seller's web site. If it isn't, just have it sent to someone you know (with their permission and knowledge, of course) who lives in a less infringed city.

Go to Calguns.net and sign up for an account for any Cali gun information you require. They will definitely have the list of cities who restrict ammo shipments. In fact, you can thank the lawyers who are funded by Calguns Foundation for overturning the previous state ban of importation of ammo in court.

The 2/3 supermajority is going to pass another ban soon (already made it out of committee), but it too will fall in court. It did once already and it will again.

5. deathrunner60

deathrunner60
    Expand Collapse

Not too many replies to my thread. Perhaps I am in the wrong area! However your post concerning Calguns is exactly what I was looking for so much thanks to you for your time and reply.

6. seed

seed
    Expand Collapse

No worries. If you live in Cali and own guns, it is extremely useful and even important to join Calguns. In addition to having access to good information, you will be helping yourself as well as other Californians in our fight to keep the Bloomberg types and the like at bay.

#6 seed, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse

Sir, the "Mods getting weird about this stuff" is Eric. Why don't you PM him and voice your displeasure with his weirdness?