close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shills . . . explain why

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Who are these shills in uniform who stand behind politicians to make the politicians and their message sound good? Are they forced to do it? Brainwashed? Or truly supportive of those who would use us as cannon fodder for their failing system?

(For the record, thinking of the Biden dog and pony show earlier this week)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 9jeeps

9jeeps
    Expand Collapse

Under the authority of military command I had to stand in a lot of unpleasant formations during my service. Fortunately I missed all Politicos.

3. Ajon412

Ajon412
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, the Photo Op Cops........Gotta love 'em....Notice none of them are wearing a complete duty belt.....:whistling:...It may be a combination of the above reason as to why.

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

I call them 3 legged dogs.
    They are police administrators that act like 3 legged dogs, they get their azz kicked when walking around with 4 legged dogs so the become the dog-beotch of the 4 legged dog politician.
    They will bark and bark and bark but only have bite when protected by the 4 legged dog politician they are he-beotched to....
    Pretty much a useless shell of a cop willing to put on a uniform and sell out to those that support their useless commands.

But Other than that I have no strong feeling on the matter.................. :)

#4 Mayhem like Me, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper
    Expand Collapse
    Almost Done

Aren't most top level admin, chief, Col, dep chief, etc...at will employees and thus subject to the whims of those that appointed them?

6. pupcuss27

pupcuss27
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

This^^

PUP

7. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

When I discussed this with my wife, I explained that I would take the lumps and letters for refusing to stand in BS political photo ops. Even if it meant time off.

But then again, my attorney would have a field day over that. :)

8. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

You are probably a lot like me. We have those sort of dog and pony shows from time to time....They never seem to ask me....I suspect they know the answer they will get from me even though they aren't asking a question....managers tend to try to avoid fights....if they didn't mind a fight they wouldn't be managers.

9. merlynusn

merlynusn
    Expand Collapse

Our command staff is not at will. It's a promotion with civil service protection as well. I think each promotion you are on probation for 6 months first.

But yeah, any of the leadership here that stands up against the head honchos gets keelhauled.

10. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

You got to dance with them that brung ya.

Every once in a while you'll get a guy in the top slot with backbone and integrity that stands up for his troops to the city management, will fall on his sword rather than compromise his principles.

They call those "movies".

Randy

11. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So very true! :rofl::rofl:

12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

No not most , in Police departments only the top dog is usually an at will employee.

13. ateamer

ateamer
    Expand Collapse
    NRA4EVR

They're a bunch of fatass, no-balls, never-did-anything-remotely-resembling-real-police-work, ass kissers who dream of retiring to Thailand and an unlimited supply of 11 year old boys.

14. AngryBassets

AngryBassets
    Expand Collapse
    Jagenden Übel

Here, in my county, the biggest department is maybe 90 cops. Mine is ~65. So any photo ops are usually taken by the brass, although I know of certain sergeants that cannot get enough camera time. It's quite weird.

I'm currently in a position where I have "run" some special events. For example, they re-named a section of road in town in what was clearly a pre- election publicity stunt, given the timing.

So I was out there in my white shirt, hat, etc....standing at the back of the crowd, cell phone up to one ear, radio earbud in the other, looking entirely too busy running things to be involved in standing around like some politician's trophy cop.

Few people do passive-aggressive better than me.

You failed to work "barely literate misogynist, racist homophobic formerly roided-out thug-bully" in there, so therefore this only gets a 7.

15. ateamer

ateamer
    Expand Collapse
    NRA4EVR

:thumbsup: And you got the satisfaction of knowing that you outsmarted them.

16. RocPO

RocPO
    Expand Collapse

My nose now burns from Sprite being shot out of it. Thanks for that.
    :tongueout:

17. Ajon412

Ajon412
    Expand Collapse

:laughabove:....This has to be, by far, the BEST definition of a "Photo-Op Cop" I've seen in a long time. I commend you, Sir.....:thumbsup: