close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sherrif Joe and Segal

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by captdreifus, Mar 24, 2011.

1. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    Have you guys seen the use of force on this:whistling:

Link

Not bashing, just awesome show of force:cool:

capt

2. Tonyyy

Tonyyy

Mar 17, 2008
    Broward County FL.
    What a bunch of clowns.... Steve D Joke Seagull.

3. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Didn't get to watch the video but sheriff joe is my hero! And as long as it was hollywood paying for it who cares...

4. jacquejet

jacquejet

Oct 18, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    After they euthanized the chickens, did the cast and crew have BBQ chicken for supper.

5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
  6. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    Small time cockfighters are usually pretty tame. Big time cockfighters (115 birds is a lot) are a whole nuther breed. They have been know to shoot first, quite often.

7. Narkcop

Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    Kentucky
    It has been my experience (23 years LE) that cockfighting rings are involved in a lot of other more significant crime such as MAJOR drug trafficking. If you can get an informant inside a cockfighting ring you will make some major drug cases. White redneck drug dealers absolutely LOVE that rooster stuff.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

[​IMG]
    APC Armored Personal Carrier, not a "Tank".

[​IMG]
    Tank, is a "Tank".

9. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009

this^^^^^^^^^^

10. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009
    I believe this sends a pretty clear message to criminals in Maricopa County.

11. My old department (LAPD) has a tank. It's also technically an APC with a ram. I don't think Cockfighting justifies the use of this equipment. L.A. has a large illegal alien population and cock and dog fighting are commonly found and I don't care how violent they might get, the tank is not warranted.
    Maybe a SWAT team but not the tank.

Segal is a joke and I'm surprised that Sheriff Joe got sucked into this Hollywood crap. Law enforcement is not a joke and should not be used to generate news stories.

What's next, a multi agency task force SWAT team and Explosive Unit to raid a sweat shop?

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

:wow:

13. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    There's always a good reason to use a tank... :devildance:

14. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    And my Chief said no to me using my suppressor for ACO work and or putting deer down at night! :crying:

15. The tank is used on FORTIFIED locations. Like crack houses with every window and door secured with bars. After the tank punches a hole SWAT makes entry. How was this position fortified?

Segal and Sheriff Joe were probably riding inside. The two stooges out for headlines!!

16. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1#. I didn't see a "tank", and didn't even see an APC. I would have liked to see what they were talking about. Perhaps the low quality video is making it hard for me to see.

2#. Same video didn't give me a complete look at the area they were operating in/against.

3#. A "tank" can be used to protect personal from being fire upon while approaching an area. There are many uses for an armored vehicle other than breaching.

Now, with more info, perhaps I'd be more critical, but I don't have it.

jmho

17. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    :rofl:

I'm surprised too. Surprised that it took so long for him to get sucked in.

18. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    The tank is Seagal's take home vehicle.

19. A tank should be used for every breach... by firing a depleted uranium round into the house first... then ramming the structure with the tank... who gives a crap what the criminals think about the show of force?

We're not here to worry about their feelings.