Sheriff is Signing Off on My Suppressor Toorrow....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, May 30, 2012.

1. OK call them scooters!

:rofl:

Karl Benz invented the first gasoline powered vehicle that he called it a " Motorwagen".

When is the last time you drove your motorwagen. Or should we call it motor wagon?

If people that build silencers want to call them suppressors because that suppress more that silence them they have that right.

Gun Guru, my advice is to be very patient and wait until you hear from the dealer that your paper work is in.

I have three "cans" and the last one took a very long time for the paper work to come back. I have passes so many federal back ground checks that you would think they could just look at the last one and check from there and rubber stamp mine and go on.

BTW, what kind of suppressor did you get?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. forget that you even purchased it, i bought mine in sept 2011 and finally received it in may 2012...nfatracker.com is your friend...i probably checked it a million times while i was waiting...

depending on your examiner the wait may be longer or shorter than mine...it sucks having to pay for an item and not being able to use it until nearly a full year later...i'd love to get another nfa item but the wait times kinda killed the allure of the nfa world for me...

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Sounds a lot better than a "car". What the heck is a "car"? It isn't even a real word. Dumbing down from motorwagen or motor wagon to a car was stupid. Same with calling a silencer a "suppressor" because you want to be hip. If P. Maxim were to want the darn thing to be called a suppressor, then that's what he would have called it.

4. way to poo poo on the man's thread. You get the idea who cares what someone calls it. He paid for it he call that shoulder thing that folds up if he wants to.

5. Without searching, I just guessing, it OK because this is the Internet so guessing is as good a facts.:whistling:

Back in the day before "cars" there was the rail road that use passenger cars, coal cars, and so on. later when you didn't needs rails for your self propelled rail less passenger car it just got shorten to

car. :faint:

6. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

I drive an automobile.

7. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

No, we just know more about using words properly.

They don't "silence" a weapon, they "suppress" some noise and muzzle flash.

#27 M&P15T, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. My 30 caliber can also suppresses the recoil on my Ruger Left Hand Scout rifle very noticeable.:cool:

9. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

IT IS DONE!!!!!:banana:

I will drop it off tomorrow at the gun shop so they can send it off to ATF (didn't have time today:crying:)

TGG

10. The_Gun_Guru

My paperwork has been sent!!!! And on my wife's birthday of all days:rofl:

Now the wait begins!

Thank you all for the advice and help - I truely appreciate it:wavey:

TGG

11. The_Gun_Guru

****** STILL WAITING ******

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I still don't have my silencer:crying: My check was cashed on 6/8/12. I am beginning to wonder if I will even get it now due to the recent tragedy in CT.

If all tax stamps are suspended indefinitely, what becomes of my silencer that I PAID FOR seven months ago?

Anyone else still waiting?

TGG

12. DonD

I don't have any expertise to share with you and certainly hope it gets to you.

My son is LE and he's been waiting 6 mo now. Being LE doesn't seem to speed up the process at all. Don

13. Seriously, why the **** would you think suppressors are going anywhere? They are already regulated under the NFA, and one wasn't used in the CT shooting. If anything, all indications are things are getting MORE lax on NFA items, as more inspectors are being hired to reduce the wait times.

Plus, even when the ban on new MGs came down in 86, any stamps in process the day the ban took effect were still processed and valid.

14. janice6

Platinum Member

I envy you for being able to buy a suppressor under any conditions. My state decided I, and everyone else that live here, cannot be trusted to own one.

But the politicians still ask for my vote to keep office. What turds.