close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shelton, WA Results!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jel, Aug 22, 2002.

1. jel

jel

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've faxed some corrections to GSSF regarding the pistol winners, so look for an updated Shelton results in the near future.

Shelton did produce two new grads to the Big League: Mr. C. LeFort and Mr. W. Dudley. Nice shotin', guys. GSSF may soon have to provide more awards to the ever growing Stockmeister and Unlimited Categories.

3. G23CT

G23CT Miembro Señor

Hey-- How come they always do left coast matches first? ;f

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

G23CT,

You are correct and it is not fair. Every time there is a double match weekend, we end up waiting for our East Coast results. Guess it will happen again the first weekend of September.;Q

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hummm...

What a WONDERFUL way for the GSSF staff to make up to us 'right coast' shooters by scoring Statesville BEFORE Richmond!!! Yeah-Baby! Pretty-Please????

6. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Great so I improved on 2 of the stages but dropped 9 places!!! It was well deserved. My 5 to Glock sucked for some reason. I shot it fast but missed a target once. It was bad enough that the slight improvement on the other 2 stages couldn't hold me up.
    174.67 in ID and a 193 in WA
    Back to the drawing board.

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

hapuna,

Slow down, you can't shoot fast enough to make up a miss, especially in GSSF. By slowing down and getting all your hits, and some better because you are shooting slower, your score will improve.

8. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I am real happy with my scores. I improved over ID. scores and broke the 200 second barrier, which was my goal for this match. My biggest improvement was in the major sub where I finished 4th out of nine. At ID. I shot a 202.03. At Shelton I shot a 102.99. In sub compact I shot a 304.64 at ID. and a 191.60 at Shelton.
    Now I have to wait a year for the next Northwest matches. I am happy with the progress and can say that the tips on this board from the pros has helped along with a lot of rounds of practice. I am in my second year shooting with GLOCKS and feel my improvement is going well. Bruce Clemans

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Bruce,

That is quite an improvement in both categories! Great job!

What helped you most to improve your scores like that?

Regards,
    Frank

10. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

TJC,
    Well thats the problem...I really wasn't rushing.. Somehow I had trouble seeing the target I guess cause I really shot under control. But yes thats the trick isn't it. I was very surprised I missed as I thought I had every shot lined up.
    I'm blaming it on the Fed Eagle 165. First time I shot it.:)
    (actually I liked it)

11. Guest

Well that was fun. My wife asked me on the way to the match if she could shoot this one.

She shoots some (read like once or twice a year.) So it shocked me in a good way. I said if she wanted to she could, but no presure from me.

She goes to watch, and this time she said it just looks so fun, I want to try it.

The only thing she wanted to do was to shoot safely, and not be last.

She did BOTH!

I am happy to report she is HOOKED. She had so much fun that she can not wait until next year.

I had the most fun yet, since she was having a BLAST (Pun Intended).

Once again the TEAM did a fantastic job. Good work gents. I thank you for your efforts.

Well time to go for the year. I will be back next year for the Indoor matches at Baron's Den in Eugene OR. They make the perfect warm up for the outdoor matches.

Good job to all, and SAFE Shooting.

12. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I had my best score ever (9th in U/L @ 126.08 with my G34 with Heinies and Ghost Rocket), 11th in Competition, and really, really boloed the Am.Civ. entry with 9 D's on the 5 to Glock, and 1 bad plate string.

I too have improved remarkably since my first match in Roseburg last year. I shot a 284.51 in my first match, a 223.09 this year at Roseburg, and a 168.54 at Shelton (Am.Civ.). My shooting buddy improved a great deal, he was 13th in Am.Civ.

I've been giving some consideration to making a road trip to Richmond, CA for the last closest match for me. :)

Next year's objective: a clean match under 120.

13. wildwalk

wildwalk

Roseburg was my first match. Shot a 196 in Am Civ. At Shelton I improved by 46 secs shot a 150. For only being my second match ever I was very pleased with the time. I also shot Sub-Comp at Shelton for the first time and shot a 190. I though I did better than that on the Sub-Comp. But I did not keep track of the my times. I think I need to start doing that next year.

Like Roland said my goal is to get under the 120sec. To bad I got to wait another year.

14. McGee23

McGee23

I'm surprised myself considering how badly I think I did. Then again, I did 3 categories. The comp and sub ones weren't all that but then again I not only missed a few plates but also completely missed a few (like 3!) targets on the M. Came out ok in the amateur with 17th while my girlfriend took 65th. So hard to slow it down. I could have easily shaved 50 points off. I'll have to wait a year to try again. Sucks to have to wait so long.

15. coyote 30

Love Glocks, I think the reason for my improvement has been dry firing and slowing down during the match along with about 200 to 400 rounds a week practice. I also changed my stance which feels better to me and I feel more solid. The tips on this board helped a lot also. Can't wait till next year. I'll be at The Barons Den this winter in Eugene for the indoor league. Hope to see you there. Bruce

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi Bruce,

Now that sounds like a recipe for success and you sure proved it with your match results! I have been doing alot of dry firing as well and it has helped me too. I live on the East Coast so will probably not see you at the matches unless one of us goes for a LONG trip! Great shooting and I'll be routing for you!

Regards,
    Frank

17. coyote 30

Thanks Frank for the encouragement, I needed it after the Roseburg, OR. match where I shot like a real novice. I hope I keep improving and I think I will. I may try to get to the Jacksonville, FL. match in Jan. so who knows maybe we will run into each other. Keep practicing . Bruce

18. jel

jel