close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"share the road" with bikes.....rant

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Diesel McBadass, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Years ago I worked a car vs. Bike accident no serious injury. When I got there I saw the car and the bike and asked where the bike rider was.
    The driver of the car pointed to a guy setting in the passenger side of his car and said, "thats him".

I asked if he was ok and the driver said, "seems to be". I asked "so you just let him have a seat in your car?"

Driver- "no that is where he landed after he cut in front of me and I hit him."

ME- what??

Driver-" yeah when i hit him he went up in the air and came through the open sunroof into the car. "

Me- oooook.

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 GTDS Platinum Member

I am in an F-350 enclosed utility body, 9' tall.

If they don't look in their mirrors and see me coming......who is at fault?:whistling:

Short stick?

:supergrin:

3. G30SF/F-250

That was a great story!

Thank you for sharing!

4. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Bike riders aren't afraid of fords because it's not like a rock.....

5. G30SF/F-250

:upeyes:

Care to put your Bowtie up against my Ford?:whistling:

:tongueout:

6. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    The problem here is on Saturdays and Sundays.

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    We have no problem around here with our locals on the country roads. Most of them are also auto drivers and understand their position in the scheme of things. We do, however, have MAJOR problem because of our wonderful scenic beauty that draws in large groups, clubs and whatever, during the summer. They are a PITA.
    It can be like driving the clean up wagon at the back of the annual "Spandex Day Parade".

Those that come from the big cities seem to think they are finally free to own all of the road they can see.

8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Bring it on you blue oval leg humper! :tongueout::supergrin:

9. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Feb 14, 2010
    Boonies New Mexico

A reverse James Bond......love it! :supergrin:

10. Jakestir

Jakestir Rah

Feb 16, 2013
    Absolutely awful when im up at school. Back at home is in the middle of the no where so it ain't a problem.

Funny story. I drive a F150. That puts the mirrors at about head hight if your on a bike. Well im up in chicago stopped at a light minding my own. Then suddenly there was a loud bang and my passenger side mirror is spun around.

It took me a second to realize what had happened. I jump out of my truck and there is some hipster looking ass hat face down a few feet from my truck. He thought that it would be prudent to fly through the red light. His idea was to cut between my trunk and the curb. Problem was he miss judged my mirror.

I was a little pissed because he cracked the glass but his busted noes and black eye made the whole thing worth it.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

11. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

Sep 5, 2010
    But that's kinda turning the tables on this thread.

A pedestrian always has the right of way. But they still need to have common sense.

I mean,... if a F150 tries to run me over when I got the right of way,...
    I'm comin' through the windshield to kick some ass.

12. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    My pet peeve is the story that they are allowed the same lane and rights as a vehicle. If that's the case they should be paying the same as I do for the use of that lane and have license plates plus insurance. Why do they get off with all the bennies and none of the financial responsibilities? And I agree with the above posters that they seldom obey the traffic laws...continually running red lights and splitting traffic lanes. I was lucky a couple weeks ago when I had just left the gas station with a 44 ounce Pepsi. One of those spandex wearing asshats tried to spit the lane and just happened to run into the whole glass of soda that I decided I didn't need. Soaked from head to toe and then tried to cuss me out. Drive on steroid boy.

13. It is not just on roads, but trails as well. A while back I was walking down a very long community trail that is popular with joggers, bicyclists and day walk people. The bikes like to more or less treat it as if you are a pylon and zip around you doing 20-30 mph. My ankle had been broken and a rod inserted and I was trying to get back into shape.

A bike clipped me from behind and knocked me down a grade into some blackberry bushes. The rider it seems didn't even slow much just kept going. A guy walking his dog saw it and helped me up the slope. I was laid up another week because of it.
    I complained to the city but they said they are " not supposed to ride like that". Gee...you think ?

14. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock 58008

Jul 15, 2008
    Kona, Hi
    For most of the year it's not too bad here, the typical running through stop signs and blasting through crosswalks with out looking for traffic. Now October is a whole different ball game, Ironman brings all the idiots to the Big Island for a few weeks of free for all cycling. Most of these fools pay no attention to vehicles or pedestrians, they love to ride 3 + wide instead of single file, pay no attention to any signs, and a few of them get in major accidents serious enough to side line them on race day.

I'm happy they pump a bunch of money into the local economy but I silently rejoice the day after the race that driving will go back to normal for another year. They have a huge "share the road" campaign here every year that does little to curb the insanity, 9 out of 10 times it's the cyclists that do something to earn a hand gesture or slew of colorful words from a driver.

15. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I'm a cyclist, I tend to agree with most of what has been said though...too many roadies tend to get a little wrapped up in the culture of what they think makes them cool vs using some common sense and courtesy.
    For me, I live in an area with plentiful bike lanes and rail/trails that generally keep me out of traffic. Whatever wild hair I need to indulge is reserved for the dirt, riding in traffic tends to be my last option , since for all the bed wetting here about cyclist, an assclown behind the wheel is 10x worse.
    Fortunately, those folks tend to hurt themselves and other motorist much more often than cyclist.
    Still, bikes are fast becoming the better way to get around in the city, so the same cross section of morons we encounter with autos will inevitably show up on bicycles, and they will screw up for the rest, just as they do driving.

16. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    This is a huge problem here in the Nova/DC area......huge.

The greenie-weenies are trying to push for more people commuting on their bicycles, especially to work and back. Just more tree-hugger, politically correct b.s.

There was even a media promoted "ride to work" day in DC.....I believe it got rained out.

There's nothing like heading down Columbia Pike towards the Pentagon, and having some ass-hat on a bicycle blocking one of the two available lanes, creating a jam.

Yes, I yell at them as I pass them. Yes, I cycle.....on the proper trail in the area.

Roads are for motorized vehicles. Cyclists need to stay the hell off them.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  17. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    Funny enough, biked aren't allowed on the sidewalk. and it's even more dangerous to ride there cause drivers pay NO attention pulling in and out.

18. I see more D-Bag antics from boys in big trucks than I do with people on bikes.

19. I'm a sixty-one year old cyclist, 83% of the replies in this post have been made by knuckle dragging morons.:rofl:

20. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Your math is off. There's only been a few people claiming to be cyclist. :wavey: