close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SFC Ryan Savard KIA yesterday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by threefeathers, Oct 15, 2012.

1. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Ryan was one of my students in U S Constitution 00-01 class. He was also quite a 'card' on the 4 bus loaded with seniors Disneyland trip. He sat at the rear of the bus with a bunch of other guys who had enlisted and were reading a bunch of gun magazines Matt Syzmestic (Sheriff's Deputy) and I had brought along. (Matt sat in back with these guys [​IMG]) Ryan told me, "Coach I'm gonna kick ass and come back and tell you war storiies."
    I cried last night and just managed to write this after I had a good talk with Col Bill Henson who was the ROTC Cdr at the time.

2. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

:patriot: RIP!

Sorry to hear! :sad:

:wavey:

red

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

3. Alcoy

Alcoy

RIP SFC Savard.

4. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

5. gigab1te

gigab1te

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

http://www.soc.mil/UNS/News.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Oct. 14, 2012)—A U.S. Army Special Operations Soldier was killed in action Oct. 12, 2012 during combat operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. 1st Class Ryan J. Savard, 29, was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, United States Army Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, N.C.

Savard was killed by direct fire from enemy forces while conducting combat operations in KonduzProvince, Afghanistan.

After graduating high school in Sierra Vista, Ariz., he enlisted in the U.S. Army in Aug. 2001. He served as a helicopter repairer for three years and for more than eight years, Savard served with Special Operations Forces.
    Savard previously served one deployment to Iraq and this was his fifth deployment to Afghanistan.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    :patriot: