close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Severe problem with my Scorpion

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Spartacus100, Feb 15, 2013.

1. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Wasn't giving him "guff".... just going on the probability and likelihood of real world issues. Like I said, most guys won't admit the POSSIBILITY of shooter errors. Granted it could be wildly out of spec factory ammo OR a horribly fitted SS, but other issues would have arisen. From what I've seen, it's not necessarily repetitive after each shot either. Happens a LOT from the classes I've been in from guys that shoot thumbs forward on Glocks and transfer to 1911s.

Don't need to be a "1911 armorer" to catch a loose plunger tube once and awhile.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Ok,......that's a new one for me. I can understand this being an issue
    if it happened all the time. Buy occasionally,........it's the shooter's input.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

3. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX
    i added a pic. after looking at it further, Mayhem like me was correct. its a staking issue with the tube. pic added to my initial post.

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    You can easily replace that tube if you like, I am sure Sig will as well.

5. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim come get some

Apr 27, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Send it back to Sig. My 1911 Scorpion has been perfect. The factory mags didn't work for me either. I got come CMC Shooting Stars. Factory mags I only use for the range. 1911s are mag sensitive, even within the same brand/line.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
  7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Better the gun fire and you run the risk of a little irritation as you defend yourself than spend the last few seconds of your like wondering why your safety isn't working.