close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

setting up a gun club

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by edtf, Aug 14, 2010.

1. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    Guys, anyone familiar with setting up a gun club?
    Friend of mine is trying to setup a club and any help or direction would be of great help

2. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    the most important na kailangan sa gun club I've found are it's proximity sa mga restos/inuman
    Seriously
    If the gun club members have nothing in common except hilig sa baril at walang bonding, puro away , pikunan, politikahan, magtatayo ng ibang club
    That's why if you look at gun clubs na solid ang members, makikita mo ang laki ng mga tyan....

When I stopped shooting, di ko hinhanap baril, laro,at putok . Ang namimiss ko mga barkada sa shooting.
    That's why even nung may sponsor ako , I never left my gun club......unless bayaran ako

btw, yun ba yung tanong mo? Sabihan mo punta nalang sya sa FED
    Wala sya makukuhang matinong kausap dito

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    I think The requirements are on the fed site. They would need

SEC incorporation
    Shooting range accreditation
    Fed accreditation
    Ppsa accreditation

Di ko na matandaan yung iba. Madugo Ang proseso

4. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    some requirements from memory lang...

*sec registered
    *may FED accredited na firing range or if none, you have a MOA with an FED accredited range
    *at least 15 members with ppsa id
    *endorsement from some department at FED, cant remember where.
    *etc...

*you can try calling up FED, look for nenica bautista, she is the gun club secretariat...

5. As to the procedural aspect the FED is your best source.

My idea of a gun club is less of the gun and more of the club. I mean a club where everybody knows everybody, when you admire someone's new toy the owner will offer to let you shoot it, where everybody's helpful, where parts are aplenty, where even if you did not shoot you feel you did not waste your time. This describes my old club back in Cebu...

On the other hand a club where you don't know anybody, where you shoot alone (except for the pulotboy), where you expend plenty of gas and effort driving more than 20 klicks through traffic only to find out that you can't shoot for some reason... You know the club I mean.:upeyes:

6. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    More club and less gun, I like that :)
    I have met a lot of my closest friends sa gun club
    More than 10 years na kami magkakasama

That's why our club will never die, kahit walang naputok
    Linggo lingo pa din kami nagkikita, ibang hobby naman
    After the barangay elec gunban, sabay sabay ulit puputok

7. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    mahirap din sa gunclub pag me ambition ang leader na mas mataas pa, kawawa lahat na member, tapos bale wala na pagkaibigan nyo, para sa kanya mas importante ang club kesa friendship nyo.

8. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    this applies not only to gunclubs, but all organizations as well :) mahirap may ganon situation...

9. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    dapat lang may bonding ang members :)
    w/c is why a good resto or bar ( na wholesome ) malapit sa range would be ideal
    Kung wala, malaking coolers at barbecue pit sa range is essential equipment
    Of course, when you start opening beers, nasa gun bag sa sasakyan na dapat lahat ng mga baril