close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SERPA mods.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Falcon576, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Falcon576

Falcon576

Jun 26, 2003
    I've really liked the BH SERPA concept for a long time. But they don't conceal well and the retention button is a bit hit and miss.

So I was looking at my new bench grinder/polisher and hacksaw last week... Pulled my SERPA's out and started cutting and grinding.

Came up with the following: (Left-handed, by the way.)
    • Cut down the outside shroud and recontoured it for smoother presentations, as well as exposing the mag release. (For admin. loads/unloads, plus I had the old shroud pop some mags loose.)
    • Added a little "lozenge" of textured kydex to the retention release for more positive disengagement. (No more SERPA 3-pump.) Beveled the edges for "finger flow".
    • Mounted it on a Blade-Tech Stingray beltloop, with a rubber washer behind the bottom screw to cant the holster inward at the top. Conceals much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did the same thing to a 1911 SERPA for my custom Kimber PRO-CDP. I cut off the excess holster overhanging the muzzle, and used a heat gun to flatten out the stock belt loop. Added the rubber washer under the bottom screw for inward cant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both turned out pretty good. They actually work for CCW now. :cowboy:

2. Falcon576

Falcon576

Jun 26, 2003
    Okay, the pics didn't link.

Hopefully they will now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. limitdliability

limitdliability

Jan 23, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Images show broken links on my end :(

UPDATE: Fixed it for you.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  4. Falcon576

Falcon576

Jun 26, 2003
    Showing broken here too. Frak.

I'm trying to link to them on Photobucket. Being that I'm a gigantic luddite, (Atari was a challenge back in the day), I can't get the links to work.

I'm copying the "Direct Link" under the images on Photobucket. Should I be linking them another way?

:brickwall:

5. Falcon576

Falcon576

Jun 26, 2003
    Thanks for the assist Limit.

And now I know to use the IMG.

I have an el-cheapo Chicago Electric 3" grinder/polisher that works just right for this stuff. Plus some 1000 grit sandpaper. The I go over it with my jet-flame cigar lighter to bring the stock "shine" back.

Again, grazie for the the tech-help.:yourock: