close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SERPA failures?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by jl1966, Oct 18, 2010.

1. jl1966

jl1966

Aug 6, 2010
    Mr. Ayoob,
    I have read and enjoyed your books for years. I recently finished your latest concealed carry book. I noticed you mention the Blackhawk SERPA holster a few times. I had been considering this holster for awhile, but had heard some negative reports from some of the instuctors I train with. Seems they had witnessed guns being locked in the holster and actually having to be cut out of the holster. I know from experience that anything mechanical can fail. What is your take on all this? Any failures seen at your classes or elsewhere? All internet pants wetting? Thanks, and write more books.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Chuck Buis and his team at Blackhawk have been all over the early complaints, and have responded with design tweaks. It seems to have worked. I see a lot of SERPAs in every class I teach, both police and "civilian," and it's been a long time since I've seen a problem or failure with one.

best,
    Mas