close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Seriously? A Duck Dynasty mobile home??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vart, Feb 12, 2014.

1. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

Feb 4, 2002
    Doesn't look bad.

I'd never live in one because I despise manufactured homes, but there are plenty who will and so I say sell them one.

Mr. HE:cool:

2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    I own a single wide. I love it. It was the perfect solution.

3. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

Jun 19, 2000
    at your moms
    Is it your primary residence? I know a gal who loves hers.

4. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    No, I dont live in it.

I have a few pieces of property. One of them is wooded flatland that is about 30 acres. Not really valuable land either but when I bought it, it was a close getaway from where I was spending a lot of time at the time.

Building a house would have taken a long time and made the property not much more valuable. Doing a little dirt/septic and electric work, and tossing a single wide on it was the perfect solution.

5. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

Jun 19, 2000
    at your moms
    Sounds like a great solution for those circumstances. I didn't really think you lived in one full time, but was curious all the same.

6. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    I don't think anyone here has demonstrated a problem with them making money. The big concern (and a very valid one), is that there are enough Americans to support panem et circensis of such low caliber. HH

7. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    yeah like no other companies do business like them . :upeyes:
    business is business , the more exposure the better . pretty simple

i think its like anything else dont want to see it or buy it dont look at it lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  8. I flipped an older double back in 2010 and cleared about 7k in profit.
    55k isn't a bad price at all.

9. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Jan 8, 2004
    Southern IN
    I lived in a mobile home when I first got married, many years ago.

I knew I was white trash, but hey........... It some parts of the nation, having a brand new mobile home is nothing to be sneered at. Many people I knew at the time had a lot worse digs than mine.

10. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    I find it silly that the same poor suckers who watch that show would pay a premium for a single wide just because it has their name on it.

11. kiole

kiole

Feb 16, 2008
    I don't know if it's a premium it seems pretty in line wit prices last time I looked for my grandmother.

12. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    I am not up to speed on prices, but it may not be a premium at all. It may be a similarly priced home that is using branding to drive sales.

13. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Millions don't have the luxury of a box appartment or condo building. Many aren't allowed much beyond the TV they are watching. So they get their heros from whom they can identify with! Like the Kardashians, Hollywood rich, Baby Boo Boo, Beverly Hillbillies and such. There are a bunch more folks that live on the low end than the high end by far!

So what's the point with Single/Double wides and Box house neighborhoods? The person that comes up with a sound shelter for low bucks will never need to worry for beer money. I think that's why so many are trying to come up with something.... Even the Robertsons.

My wish is that I could afford housing for all the folks that are struggling to get a leg up without selling their souls for a hand out from an enslaving g-ment that is buying their vote on the working mans dime.

14. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    Judging peoples arbitrary choices is our national pastime.

We all let some of it creep into who we are but some make it a competitive sport.

Folks, enterprise is good. Even when they are selling the widget in a color you dont like.

15. Snap son!!!!!!! Lmao

16. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    In our county there are a few Ranchers that have Multi-million bank accounts and thousands of acres with thousands of cows that are very happy in their manufactured homes. Same with Orchardist.

Will admit I don't have a real high regard for Renters, myself. Oh well.

I'm all for the Robertsons, or anyone who can come up with easy affordable housing for those who need it..

Incidentally two years ago I bought my first Camo Carhart Teeshirt. Then I bought two camo ball caps. Darn stuff is beginning to grow on me.

17. Yes, they have a model for them. They replace the gun cabinet with a hair salon.

18. I've never lived in a mobile home, but I'm considering it for my final retirement residence.

Resale value and appreciation/depreciation are NOT factors in this decision; I'm thinking a step above an RV which is far smaller and too expensive to tow all over the place looking for stopping places. A houseboat would be smaller, more expensive to move, and more maintenance work.

:fred:
    So, assuming a crime-free but affordable 55+ mobile home park in a good location, what are the biggest disadvantages to living in one?

19. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Flat roof prone to leakage.
    Code-specific water heaters and furnaces (gas) and woodburning stoves.

HH

20. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

May 18, 2004
    On the way to crazy
    They have shut down all but ONE mobile home park in our county. I honestly think that's kind of crummy. I guess the low income requirements for each new neighborhood are supposed to make up for it :dunno: