close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sent a pistol to Smith and Wesson

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 3000fps, Mar 19, 2012.

1. 3000fps

3000fps
    Expand Collapse

Sent one of my M&P pistols back to Smith and Wesson 3 days ago, (counting past midnight)

Has anyone ever sent a handgun back to S&W for repair, how was your experience?

They sent me a shipping label for free, which was a bonus. Also the gun I sent in for repair I bought used, but it's in new condition.

Will S&W notify me via email, fed ex brings it to my door? I shipped it Fed Ex

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Steve in PA

Steve in PA
    Expand Collapse

I had to send my 6906 back to S&W. Don't recall getting any email, but it was sent back to me promptly.

3. oldsoldier

oldsoldier
    Expand Collapse

I sent them a 1911 to fix an extractor issue becasue the brass would hit me in the head. They fixed it and had it back in about 2 weeks. I don't recall an email telling me it was on the way back.

4. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc
    Expand Collapse

I just got my 686 back from them last week. Sent me a mailing label prepaid. Gun was back in 2 1/2 weeks for a problem with the finish. Gun came back with another small finish blemish (they caused it while fixing the first) which should not have been overlooked. I fixed it myself with compund. They did NOT send an email that it was enroute. FEDEX just shows up at your door asking for signature.

I give them a "C-" on work performed.

#4 ArmoryDoc, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  5. itstime

itstime
    Expand Collapse

No emails. Great customer service.

6. AA#5

AA#5
    Expand Collapse

I sent a S&W 500 & an older "80's Mod. 629 to S&W, both with timing problems. Both repaired & sent back promptly. The 629 wasn't under warranty & the cost was very reasonable.

7. TX expat

TX expat
    Expand Collapse

Yup a few years back I shipped my then 13 year old Sigma back to S&W due to light strike misfires. They sent me a prepaid FedEx label and had it back to me in less than two weeks. FedEx will deliver it right to your door.

I give S&W kudos for customer service, for sure!

8. 129

Expand Collapse

I give them an A+ on the Cust service.

I wrote them on 03/16/11
    Got a free shipping label and sent my gun out on the 22nd. The delay was my fault.
    Got an e-mail on 04/13 saying the package was sent out.
    Received the morning of the 15 after my gun travelled the east coast.

Fixed the problem of a few cylinders feeling "sticky" and replaced a screw that I lost.

Total bill $0.00 and without my gun for 22 days.....but I had others.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I received an email stating it was coming back. From my experience and reading about others', they are very consistent most of the time in getting it back to you about exactly 10 days after they receive it.

#9 cowboy1964, Mar 19, 2012
  10. Knighj1

Knighj1
    Expand Collapse

I just did this in January, sent my little 22 in, they sent me a bill n the mail of what needed to be fixed, I called and paid for It, they did the work and sent it back. For some reason it took from Monday until Friday for it to make it to the shipping building(this also aggregated the person I spoke with as well). Overall took 4-6 weeks, but that was first of the year, it maybe quicker now

11. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I sent my M&P to them a while back. It was returned in less than two weeks repaired and the trigger was appreciably better. No email.

#11 Bruce M, Mar 19, 2012
  12. 3000fps

3000fps
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies everyone, when I went to bed there were 0 replies and I came on now and there were 10! I'll let you guys know how long it took and if they fixed it properly. It was an issue that could have cost me my life if I hadn't decided to dry fire practice with the gun first before carrying it.

13. Ahmid

Ahmid
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Great service....

14. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

About 2 weeks from phone call to the gun back in my hands.

That was to rebarrel a 64.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Jason D

Jason D
    Expand Collapse
    INFRINGED
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

I have had several worked on.
    They have paid the freight every time. They actually gave me their FedEx account number.
    All guns have come back and I have been happy every time.

16. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT
    Expand Collapse
    Resident Evil

My revolver was in a couple weeks but I think one week of that was the dealer waiting around to ship it. No updates from Smith but when it came back everything was fixed up right and no charge for repairs or shipping.

17. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy
    Expand Collapse

I had to send one of their 1911's back. Downside is that it had to go back twice. It was having 2-3 malfunctions per magazine with Federal and Winchester 230 grain fmj, both before and after the first trip in for repair. That was disappointing. They did get it working after the second repair attempt. Good news is that communication was excellent, and repairs were completed in just a few weeks each time.

18. rickbaales

rickbaales
    Expand Collapse

+1 for AAA S&W customer service. You are good to go.

19. clancy

clancy
    Expand Collapse

S&W's customer service is outstanding. I had to send my 6906 back for repair, and within a week they sent me a brand new one. After sending that one back for the same problem, it too was replaced, again within a week. No questions asked, no problems, and great service.

I wish I could say the same about their Quality Control Department.

20. Edmo01

Edmo01
    Expand Collapse

Same experience with one of the new 38 special 5 shot "Bodyguard" revolvers...

They quickly turned the gun around and got it back to me. FEDEX to my door. I just wish they had made it functional!

Now waiting on a replacement gun after the second time back. I opted to change to a different model of snubbie since they couldn't get the first model (BG38) to work.

Customer service is quick and efficient. The quality control in production and repair is lacking. I'm just hoping the replacement gun isn't a Monday or Friday production.

Edmo