Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

send message over WiFi?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Teal'c, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Teal'c

Jan 3, 2005
    Does anyone know of a way to broadcast a message over WiFi? There are several unsecured networks in my neighborhood and I thought I would warn them of the dangers. I've actually been able to access their shared drives and I have identified two of them. I thought that a message popping up on their screen would be more effective then walking up and telling them how careless (read ... stupid) they are.
  2. ronin_asano

Apr 13, 2004
    identify a machine on the target network and use the net send command.

3. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

That will work ... as long as the messenger service is running on both/all of the computers.
  4. ronin_asano

Apr 13, 2004
    exactly. i figure anyone non-technical enough to leave their network open has no idea what the messenger service is, and will surely have it running, since it's on by default. unless xp sp2 turns it off?
  5. hodgdonhead

hodgdonhead Inner Pimp

Jul 14, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    You could always borrow my ESG from work and effectively jam which ever channel their APs are using. =)
  6. srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    It they are sharing any printers just print out a friendly warning.
  7. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

I can walk out into my front yard and find two unsecured networks. I see them as very important to MY network security. I figure that no one will bother with my network when they have unsecured networks to play with. ;)
  8. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

Ah, the charging bear defense.

I dont have to run fast I just have to run faster than you.