close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Semper Fi and may God Bless our beloved Marine Corps

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by USMC Scout Dog, Feb 18, 2006.

1. 1966 - 1969

Sgt. United States Marine Corps

Scout Dog Handler
    Viet Nam, Jan. 1968 - Feb. 1969

R. Lee Ermy was my Drill Instructor. I had a chance to visit with him recently in Cincinnati, Ohio. I had the honor of introducing him to my oldest son.

Semper Fi

2. dbolden

dbolden

Jul 20, 2005
    San Diego, Ca

3. Anything you see in Full Metal Jacket would have been a kind and gentle day for the Gunny. He was an E5 at the time. He was one of the hardest men that I have ever known. For those strong enough to pass his test in Boot Camp it was found that he turned boys into United States Marines. I hold him, and my two other Drill Instructors in the highest honor. He is the kind of man you want on your side when times get ugly.

4. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Feb 27, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    I was at P.I. in Oct.68 at 17 Plt.2001
    He and Gunny McClain were drinking buddies.
    S.F.Vic

5. I was with him in Plt 3086, MCRD San Diego, 1966. I'm sure that he may have had a number of fellas that were drinking buddies. Most of us did.

6. R. Lee Ermey is awesome! He was first retiree in the history of the Marine corps to be promoted.......that says a lot right there!:)