close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Selling 1911. Worth?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by nastytrigger, Jun 7, 2011.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    My Springer Loaded Park has been a safe queen lately. I've been shooting my Glock 21 more, and carrying it, because I like the Glock better. Plus, the G21 is more accurate in my hands (at least of my two .45's).

My main question, a friend is interested in my 1911 and I'm not certain what to ask for it. It's a Springer Loaded Park bought in '05 for $599. I have four Wilson 47D's, two Metalform's that came with it, three surplus GI mags, and a CMC. I also converted it to a standard GI plug. The parkerizing shows a lot of wear forward of the FCS from holstering, some wear on the front strap, and a couple dings from hitting it on walls, etc, while holstered.

I'll get another 1911 again, in fact I may keep my Wilson mags. For now, I need some funds for my 18" SPR AR project.

2. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Never will sell my 1911, until I have the new one on my hands. In fact theres is always a place for a 1911 and a G21 in my safe!

3. nastytrigger

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    I love 1911's. I just never loved this one. It was my 'entry level' 1911 to see what the 1911-bug was. I was bit by the bug and I'm ready to move on to others.

I neglected to mention round count. I have just over 750rds through this gun. I also have a pair of Davidson Wyrm grips.

4. Buckfever4life

Buckfever4life

Mar 30, 2011
  5. Depends on how good a friend your friend is.
    You paid 6 for it.
    I would sell it to a friend for 5.

6. nastytrigger

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    Thanks for all the help! I was originally thinking $400, but I'll ask $500.

7. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

Oct 19, 2010
    Arkansas
    $500 sounds more than fair, with all of those goodies. If I had an extra $500 laying around, I'd grab a deal like that.

8. nastytrigger

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    Negative. I saw it sitting in my safe the other day and I thought, I really don't shoot this thing anymore, wonder if my friend wants it. I asked him if he'd be interested in it, he was considering buying a 1911 a few months ago, but is in AR-wanting mode now. He said he was interested.

I hate to get rid of any gun, but I don't have an attachment to this one, never really did, the way I do with my other guns. I felt the same way with my Beretta 9000S and Glock 37... I do miss the Glock 37, a little, but the Glock 21 more than makes up for that :supergrin:.