Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Sell the truck to buy an econobox?

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by EdTracker, May 9, 2007.

1. EdTracker

EdTracker Lifetime Member

Oct 26, 2002
    I have been slowly averaging my cost to drive to work everyday and I drive a bit more than the average guy (about 27,000 per year), although my truck gets reasonable gas mileage for a V8 (17 average) I don't use it as a truck as much as I used to.

I was thinking about an econo-box (1.8L I4) Honda or Toyota and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and has any comments or regrets? I can rent a truck whenever I need for $70/day.

Thanks for your input.
  2. gsr

Dec 31, 2005
    My brother got himself a used 1999 Saturn SL to suppliment his 05 Silverado HD. He picked it up for $2500, and gets over 40 mpg on the freeway. Of course, you've got to have a place to park a second car, if you take a similar course of action.

3. clark g

clark g

Feb 8, 2003
    north florida
    After the gas prices spiked from Katrina,I traded my '02 Ranger for an '06 PT Cruiser.My mileage went from 22mpg to 30 mpg(averaged out over a year's driving).I was not using the Ranger as a truck,and if necesary I can pull my utility trailer behind the PT.