close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Self-Defense Insurance

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by J_Rico, May 7, 2012.

1. J_Rico

J_Rico

Aug 17, 2007
    Mas,

From reading about various self-defense situations, it seems that the aftermath is often more stressful than the event. People participating in 'good' shootings get arrested, go to jail and face civil suits. I think I recall an article you wrote where a police officer went to jail after killing, in self defense, the murderer of his partner.

So, what do you think about self-defense insurance that is offered by some? The NRA has one they suggest and I have seen others. Do you think these a worthy investment? Ie there a policy or policies with which you are familier and would suggest?

Thanks,
    J_R

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm partial to Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, ACLDN. I've seen them in action. They get the job done.

I am one of their advisors, so due to that connection I avoid conflict of interest by not commenting on other plans. Info is available at www.armedcitizensnetwork.org.

best,
    Mas

3. J_Rico

J_Rico

Aug 17, 2007
    Mas,

Thanks for the info. I will take a look.

J_R