close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Seen my first....

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by streeter69, May 24, 2005.

1. streeter69

streeter69 This is Kewl

Nov 25, 2001
    I like annoying people.
    Lotus Elise. Even tho it is british;g I like the way it looked.

Anyone else see one yet?

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Yup I saw a Yellow one and my brother saw a blue one.

Cool car. They are TINY. I feel they cost a tad much, but I guess that is the cost of exclusivity. At lest the US ones got a decent engine (Toyota 1.8) instead of that Rover POS.

I hear they handle like a slot car.

3. modgun

modgun CLM

Nov 15, 2003
    Where you live
    Yep, I keep seeing the same yellow one and I saw a red one. I want to see the blue one though!

I saw the yellow one first maybe a week or two ago.

Dont think Id buy one, but Id love to drive one!

4. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

Jan 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    I haven't seen any of those even though we have a dealer here. I did, however, see a McLaren-SLR as well as a Ferrari F40, both on the way to the range oddly enough.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Seen quite a few of them now. There was a fellow who is easily into his sixties and doesn't seem to be in good health who drives a red one with white stripes. That's gotta be hell on his back. With my fat belly, I could squeeze in but I could barely climb out.;J

It's a tight handling car, that's for damn sure.

6. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I have seen lots of cool cars here in Indy, but one of the coolest belongs to this old guy. I guess he made some anti-itch powder and made millions. He has a highly MODIFIED F40. The first time I saw it was Sat. night before the first ever USGP in 2000. I thought it was a kit car at first, since I didn't think anyone would do that to an F-40. But, when it took off and I heard thatexhaust note, I knew it was real.

Later my brother saw it while he was riding his CB-1000. It took off like a bat out of hell. He admitted there was no way his could have kept up with it.

There is also someone who has a stock F-40 that lives near my parents, A guy that used ot come to the Discount Tire where I used to work who has 2 Porsche 930 turbos (one a factory slope nose), some one who likes to hang out in Broad Ripple (area of indy with lots of bars and clubs) who has a deep blue Ferrari 512tr Testarossa (that thing sounds freakin awesome).

I am waiting for someone to turbo thier Elise. If I had one that would be the only thing on my mind.

7. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

Jan 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    I really wish Lotus had sealed the drivetrain deal with honda instead of Toyota...turbo B18C5s are making 300whp with stock compression/internals, I haven't seen much about turbocharging the 'Yota stuff though

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    TRD has turbocharging and supercharging outfits for their engines so it shouldn't be a big deal, although finding space for it would be "interesting"...

9. ATI_RAGE_

ATI_RAGE_ 1911 Fanatic

Mar 10, 2003
    Arizona
    Yup I saw one up close a few months back. The guy didn't look like he knew what he really had, he drove it like an old lady.