close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Seeking Other Forums

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by USMCsilver, Feb 2, 2013.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    I'm in search of an upper and wanting to look around on other boards that are geared towards ARs.

I'm a member at many places, but I want the forum to be mainly channeled towards AR users.

I know of AR15.com and M4Carbine forums.

Anything I'm missing?

I've been looking for a couple of days, but I can't find a 18" barrled complete upper w/ BCG and 13"(approx) full rail. I've found ONE that I like, but it's a damned Stoner and is $2400. I think I'm looking to spend around $1,100-$1,300 in case any of y'all know any leads.

So -- any forums I'm not aware of?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Ar15chatterbox.com is a smaller forum. Started my a member here.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    Thanks, but that's about one of the most pathetic exchange sub-forums I've ever seen.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    The "EE" isn't real active for a reason. There aren't a lot of members obsessed w/ the latest greatest, and keeping up w/ the Joneses. Members there put in the time to figure out what parts they need then research these parts to make sure.

M4C is your best bet.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    I'm not, either; been a long time since I've purchased a "latest/greatest" gadget.

I just need an upper, and I know what I'm after. This will be my last build, and my only one with a scope with magnifification.

Thanks fellas.

6. Andrew Tacquard

Andrew Tacquard

Oct 16, 2000
    S. MD
    Look at SIG individual officer program. I got a complete M400 for $940+tax last week. They have some of their piston uppers listed on the price sheet, but didn't see any gas impingement. Also, everything is 16" barrel. Might be worth getting one complete and changing barrels. Cost less than the stoner and you'd have a spare lower.

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    I ended up getting something; pictures should be near the end of week after all my packages arrive. :tempted: