close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Seecamp DA45ACP...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by silversport, Oct 16, 2010.

1. ...thought I would share the sometimes talked about but not often seen Seecamp DA45...mine was built in 1977 and has a Seecamp designed rear sight, Pachmayr flat mainspring housing, Pachmayr grips (removed for walnuts in the pic for now) and some 'Smithing work done to the barrel...

...meant to be carried with a round in the chamber and hammer down, safety off...the first shot is DA and every follow up shot is standard Colt Series 70 SA...

[​IMG]

Bill

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. [​IMG]

Seecamp got permission from the BATF to relocate the serial number to under the front of the frame as the cut out in the frame (for his DA invention) removed the serial number...

Prior to the Seecamp DA45 there were no commercially available DA 45ACP pistols...when the SiG (Browning BDA45) P220 came along and others, Seecamp stopped the 'Smithing business and these DA45s concentrating on his next invention...the Seecamp DAO LWS25 (...and LWS32 and LWS380 later)

Bill

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Very nice piece of history you have there. :thumbsup:

4. bobcat21

bobcat21

May 31, 2006
    S.E. Wisconsin
    Nice! I've always been interested in these conversions.

5. cool gun. that's my first time seeing it. it kinda reminds me of a Colt double eagle. :wavey:

6. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle I make it rain!

Jul 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
  7. thanks...got to shoot it and the first shot is heavy, long but smooth and doesn't stack...every other shot is pure 1911...thanks for the pics...
    Bill

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  9. My good friend had a Commander version but it was stolen during a robbery several years ago.tom.