close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Second outing with gen 4 19 a great one!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Buckshot John, Jul 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Buckshot John

Buckshot John

Ok so I bought a new gen 4 model 19 last week. Took it home cleaned it up, and went to the range and put 150-200 rounds through it. At that time I shot all 147 grain lawman and noticed right off the bat the ejection was unpredictable and erratic. The day I purchased the pistol the dealer let me look inside the frame and under the slide. This pistol had the 30274 ejector and the updated recoil spring. After the first outing I was kind of bummed because I wasnt expecting to be having the erratic ejection with the updated parts. Well after doing more research and reading I found out about the "dip" extractors. Sure enough my pistol is equipped with one. I called glock and told them about what was going on, and they said send it in and sent me a call tag. I just wasnt ready to part ways with my new pistol. I read on here that glockparts.com had some of the non dip extractors so I decided to try one before I sent the pistol back. The part showed up today, I installed it and went to the range. I purposely bought several different loads for testing, winchester white box in 115 grain, federal 115 grain, armscor 115 grain, lawman 124 grain, and some winchester nato 124 grain. I figured lets start with the big culprits, the federal and winchester. Everything and I mean everything ejected high and what seemed to be a 45 degree angle towards 4 or 5 o'clock. I couldnt believe it, this was completely the opposite of my first trip. I had casings hitting me in the face, over my head, even to the left of the pistol towards 9 o'clock. This was with all ammos mentioned, I finished the whole box of federal just to see if it may be a fluke, it wasnt. I fired about half of every other ammo listed, all ejected the same but the nato definitely had more pop. The federal had by far the softest recoil, felt very weak. I have had absolutely zero malfunctions still and the erratic ejection appears to be solved. I dont want to make it sound like I have found the cure for all problems or anything special, I am sure I am not the only person with this combination of parts. I just wanted to share my experience with others as there are many unhappy 19 owners out there. I will keep running ammo through the pistol and report back but not as long winded.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Good to hear your G19 is functioning well now. Hopefully you are happy with the cost of the extractor versus the Glock route which while less costly probably would not have been as quick or convenient.

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. Ranger45

Ranger45

5. normal.guy

normal.guy

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I'm hopeful the non-dipped extractor or Apex extractor will solve my G4 19 ejection issues. I have tried everything else.

7. bill1725

bill1725

Good to hear. I too have a G19 gen4 and love the way it shoots.

8. JBS

JBS

Good your running right. Will be interesting to see if there is in fact an updated extractor and if it gets a new number or just shows up under the old number. Do you think it could be new old stock from pre dip?

9. diamondd2

diamondd2

Why don't you try it again with the original 147gr stuff on your first outing. Contrary to what most think the 147gr fmj is slow as **** and ejects like ****. You tried your new extractor with 115gr stuff and 124nato. All much faster than the original 147gr.

I really wish people would compare apples to apples with these tests.

10. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

My gen 4 19 is easily the best Glock that I have ever owned and I've had nine!

11. Glock40man

Glock40man

12. Buckshot John

Buckshot John

Another 200 rounds down range this past Wednesday night. All is still great.
    Diamondd, you bring up a good idea. I shot another 50 rounds of the 147 grain lawman, same results. I guess I just got lucky. Fingers crossed.

13. diamondd2

diamondd2

See. Now you can breathe easy

14. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

So far my gen four G19, 23, & 27 are running great, it's the G26 that ejects like a popcorn popper. :dunno:

15. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Both my Gen 4 G19 and Gen 4 G21 have been fantastic thus far. Only a couple hundred rounds through each to this point but that will change soon, lol.........