close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

seat belts in my jeep CJ7

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Penmonkey, May 1, 2007.

1. Penmonkey

Penmonkey

Mar 22, 2007
    I want to replace the stranded seat belts in my jeep with harness-type belts but I am not sure what ones are compatible with my jeep. I have been eying the Schroth belts and JMD. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Picture of my baby to please your eyes :D
    [​IMG]

It is my first vehicle. I don't have a DL yet (I'm 15) so I can't enjoy it to its fullest but I want to use this time to get it souped up.

2. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

Feb 8, 2007
    Texas

3. Penmonkey

Penmonkey

Mar 22, 2007
    It is a inline V6.
    My dad had a Chevy fuel injection system just put in.

4. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    You can't put 4-points in your jeep without doing a lot of fab work. You're going to need a real cage with a harness bar, not a cheesy roll bar like the factory unit. HERE's a thread that discusses some of the considerations for harness installation. It's on an s2k forum, but the info is still good.

5. xj4play

xj4play

Oct 7, 2005
    So. PRK
    I would stick with lap belts. Definitely alot faster to use. 5 points are one of those things where yea it would be cool to have, so would a nice bucket suspension seat, but once you get them you realize how much of a pain they are to use everyday. In many states 5 points/ 4 points are not legal on the street.