close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seals vs Delta Force comparison.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ruggles, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

They use pellet guns because of stealth and greater range as long as you can correctly read the wind.

2. tuica

tuica

Whoever's the best - I'm damn glad they protect the nation. My appreciative, and humble salute to you all. Cheers.

3. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

I don't know any of them, but would be honored to shake their hands and buy them a cold one...any day of the week. Respect.

4. AA_Khost

AA_Khost Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeCaYh2oE2U"]NRA Life of Duty - Broken & Undone: "To be an American" - YouTube[/ame]

:patriot:

5. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

A lot of Army and Navy veterans have served and worked with Spec Ops in one capacity or another and have friends in such units. It's not as uncommon as some would think.

There are also a lot of legitimate former SEALS, DELTA, GBs and such in the civilian world as well. Turnover in such units is staggeringly high just due to the intense, physical demands of the work and it's almost scary how many such soldiers wind up out of the military on disability due to things as simple as blown knees, injured backs and other physical consequences of the ongoing training alone.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. Ruggles

Ruggles

I don't think it is wrong to compare them, heck it's a way of honoring them to me. The same thing folks do with star football players in the same positions. Debating who is "best" is a form of flattery to them all IMO.

Nobody is posting comparisons about who is the best poster on GT are they? There is a reason for that :)

I have always respected the SAS as well, those boys play hard from everything I have every read, seen or heard.

7. k9medic

k9medic

Agreed. All of my buddies that have been involved have done at least some time contracting though for at least a year to pay off bills.

All are unassuming though.

I also forgot to add the PJ's to the aforementioned list.

8. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

That's true, and even with the National Guard. Two SF groups, the 19th and 20th, are completely ARNG, as is one Air Force Special Tactics Squadron (the 123rd; part of KY ANG, and composed of PJs and Combat Controllers (an often-forgotten part of USAF SOF)). I personally have a friend in a support position with 20th group, and know quite a few with SF combat patches from operating in support of SF while deployed. I work with several Navy EOD types that worked on the fringes of special operations (verified; this is a federal LE agency). It's not as uncommon as you think. A lot of people like to BS it, though.

9. k9medic

k9medic

We may have a friend in common if this is the case. SOD-C?

10. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

VERY true.

I have a close friend that I went through Basic with who wound up retiring from the Green Berets as a Sergeant Major after 22 years of service. He was joking with me a couple of years ago in Florida that if he counted up all of the d-bags he had met around Naples since retirement who claimed to be former Spec Ops, it would likely add up to more than the number he actually served with during his years in the Army!

My friend, BTW, is now enjoying his second career...as a home security system consultant for wealthy Florida retirees and executives and is making BANK doing it!

11. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

I think so. Last I saw, he was an E4 that still hadn't done jump school, though he had done Air Assault. It's whatever the KY ARNG intel support section is. We were in another (now disbanded) unit together, and went different ways when that unit was disbanded.

12. k9medic

k9medic

My buddy is 20th SFG like yours but in FL not KY.

Back to your regularly scheduled debate...

13. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

So your buddy spent years training to become a member of one of the most classified units in the Army. A unit that the Army doesn't acknowledge to exist (and expects its members to do the same), but he told you anyway, and regularly regales you with stories of his exploits after a few beers?

On top of that, all you have to do is text him, and he will provide verification for a bunch of strangers on an internet forum?

Does this sound believable to you when put into this context?

14. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

He's probably told me lots of things he shouldn't have...he's a good friend. And no, he doesn't just go into stories after a few beers...he doesn't really talk about much of what he's done overseas unless I ask about it. But again, if you want to know anything regarding his credibility, just ask...he'll provide at least as much as they let him provide, I'm sure.

I put it this way...he's told me things and 6-8 months later it was on Fox news. As in, he was there when it happened and us 'normal' people didn't hear anything until half a year later.

15. JBUS

JBUS I'mHellaJelly!

Meh....my lil bro was Force Recon up till '06. Even with my security clearance neither lil bro or BIL even talk bout things they shouldn't be talking about.

And I don't blame them. I don't talk tell my fiancée much either. My lil bro doesn't ask me too. Just a quiet understanding to not ask.

16. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Yeah, supposedly you can get into big trouble. I don't repeat anything he's told me, to anyone, ever.

17. Shagrat

Shagrat

Delta was the brainchild of Charlie Beckwith. He served on exchange with the SAS and was instrumental in getting the US to re-think special ops strategy.

18. owl6roll

owl6roll

I have met only one SEAL, but he started out a Ranger. Very nice guy. Whe he talks about his military career, he mostly talks about his Ranger days. He's a good shot, too!

19. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

Not a real apples to apples comparison, I would compare Seals to US Army Special Forces, also I would compare DEVGRU, to the Delta Force. What is really amazing is that they both come online with a year or so of each other.

20. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

I'm going to call bs, proof or GTFO.