close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seals vs Delta Force comparison.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ruggles, Nov 1, 2012.

1. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Yes, I was aware but didn't want to confuse the discussion further. Old habits die hard as well.

"Delta Force" = CAG = ACE

[ DEVGRU = "SEAL Team 6" ] > SEAL

2. JBUS

JBUS I'mHellaJelly!

Jun 28, 2011
    NorCal
    Thanks for that! I still refer to them as CAG.

It's hard to change that.

3. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Aug 31, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I always hated "CAG" anyway...always sounds like one is discussing a Naval Air Group Commander.

"ACE" has a good ring to it, but sounds like one of those acronyms that the military sometimes comes up with just to sound cool...like the "HAWK" missile ("Homing All the Way Killer").

I mean, seriously - Army Compartmented Elements???

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  4. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    +1

I think of this:

[​IMG]

and then I think of this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

5. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    I've met men from both and you would never know from them who or what they are. The SEALs would rather not have the press they get.

I was in acls class with 2 "men who don't exist" the only thing that set them apart was the relaxed grooming standards and the high speed pagers at the time, this was in the early 90's when pagers were popular and cell phones were bulky. I asked one guy about the pager as I had never seen one with a screen before. He told me it was for on call coverage for the TMC, yeah right. I was at night, but the night before said this.

As to who is tougher. Who cares? They are both awe inspiring and I will never be one of them. I salute the quiet professionals.

6. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    Kansas
  7. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Ever watch MASH? When hawkeye picks up BJ with Radar in tow?

8. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Did they let you shoot their DD-214? How awesome was that? A blast I bet.

9. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    Brave men who go through training 99% of us here wouldn't be able to complete. Who cares who is better as long as they are both giving extreme islamists dirt naps. God bless them.

10. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    Not all the time.
    My late ex-house guest was a retired SF operator on a 'Nam Mike Force team. He worked as as a toy department supervisor at Wal mart.

I Ran The Pipline and earned my maroon beret. Allergies took me out of the team. I retired from the local water department.

11. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Actually, Delta Force, with Chuck Norris, was a documentary. :supergrin:

12. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Well then he would be one of those who "just blend in and transition into a normal job just like the rest of us."

Remember the Ray Davis incident?

:whistling:

13. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    You just went to the top of Chuck's **** list!

Hear those footsteps behind you?

No?

Well you won't. .

If you don't hear footsteps, it's Chuck coming for you.

:tongueout:

14. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Needs a lot more polish, but the core is there.

15. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    A buddy of mine just stopped by for a couple minutes and I mentioned this. He has been in Delta for about 20 years now. He said the only SEAL team that is comparable is of course SEAL team 6. He said only when something leaks out do people ever hear about team 6. He said he has worked with them only plenty occasions in Delta. He also mentioned MARSOC and TAC-P and I think something about the air force medics are about the best in the world, and get air dropped in. He tells me some stories that are mindblowing when he's in the mood.

16. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    Everybody has a buddy who is an ex-seal or ex-delta :)

17. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    He's not 'ex-Delta', he's still with them...currently training SF so he can be home and raise his daughters (his wife was killed in an auto accident a couple years ago). If you want any verification of him being Delta, all I have to do is text him and he'll provide. I'm not military, so you'll have to be specific in what you want to know.

18. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    Amen to that

19. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    I know a SEAL, met a few more and trained with a few.
    Know a bunch of SF, a couple of Rangers and met a couple of Delta guys. I know a lot of Marine Snipers and a couple of old Recon guys. Know a couple spooks from various alphabet agencies and some "civilians" and I don't even want to know who they really work for.

That pales in comparison to the hordes of grunts, cooks, clerks, mechanics, pilots, technicians Etc I know.

In reality many people know someone who was in the black bag world but don't realize it. those guys are pretty tight lipped. I knew a SEAL for about 6 months before I even knew he was in the Navy. Because of his post Navy career I assumed he was in the medical field. Then he said something that made me question him about it. I had no idea.

20. Yeah, but I'm not sure others realize it is a real rank within Zebra group of Delta Force :)