close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SEAL verification

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Panzergrenadier1979, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    ***** I believe that this is more of an LE question then a Navy questions which is why I'm posting on Cop Talk *****

My PD is conducting an investigation of an individual regarding financial fraud. He also claims to have served in the early 90s as a US Navy SEAL team member. I believe he is lying. (gasp!)

As part of the investigation we'd like to check this out to make sure that he's not profited from this in any way.

I've heard that there is a group of former SEALs that will verify a person's past membership. I've found several on-line but I'm wondering if anyone on CT has ever used such a group before?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. You have a delicious and challenging inquiry ahead of you. In getting to your answer, you'll probably end up with a couple of nice contacts.

Good luck.

3. mpow66m

mpow66m NRA,GOA,SAF

Sep 9, 2009
    Northeast
  4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Does the Navy call a DD214 long a DD214 long?

5. isp2605

isp2605

Oct 2, 2002
    IL
    Here you go...
    http://www.socnet.com/
    About 1/3 way down the page.
    These guys have the list. If he was a SEAL he'll be on their list.
    Make sure you read their sticky first before posting. If you don't follow their rules you won't get an answer.

6. Ask him what class he was in.

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    If he claims to be a SEAL and brings it up multiple times, even when you aren't asking about it, then there is a 90%+ chance that he is not. Real special ops folks don't have to brag about it, in my experience. Mopes being brought in for questioning, especially on fraud, always claim to have been something special hoping to get a pass.

It's funny how every dirtbag I interview who claims that he was in the military did something reallly cool like be a SEAL or fly fighter planes. Nobody ever tells me that he fixed Humvees, dug latrines, or worked in the mess hall. Weird how "an army marches on it's stomach," yet everybody I meet who claims to have been in the military was Rambo. Who's peeling the potatos?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  8. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Legitimate SpecOps guys really enjoy being made aware of people like this guy.

9. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    If the above doesn't work about 10 years ago there were a couple of places on the net that did this. IIRC they were authetiSEAL and veriSEAL

10. Peace Frog

Peace Frog ...............

Jan 24, 2007
    Texas
  11. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Mar 20, 2009
    Out There
    If you're conducting a criminal investigation I would contact NCIS, they are quite helpful:wavey:

12. DD214. Granted they might be missing things, but overall tell a good story.

13. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    They may have some things redacted, but nothing important in a situation like this. An MOS is an MOS. Seen a busload of folks like about what they did, what schools they'd been to , where they'd served, and said, oh- they must have left that off my DD214. It doesn't work like that. If you're lying, even about smaller stuff, it's obvious.

14. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Feb 26, 2005
    Texas
    professionalsoldier.com was just recently featured here blasting that piece of crap that claimed the movie Taken was about him.

That maybe one of the most epic threads ever.

15. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    If you exhaust your options and you have a *serious* need to know, PM me. Asking a suspect his BUD/S Class, swim buddy, Phase, "sugar cookie," and "grinder" questions serve well to out a SEAL in a bar, but it won't hold up in court, and you don't want to put in your police report that you asked him what a "sugar cookie" was and he didn't know. There is a database that lists students who have graduated BUD/S and their class numbers.

16. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Link?

17. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    Yeah but everybody knows they don't put the "uber-secret", behind enemy lines, black on black, super-SEAL qualifications and assignments on the DD214...

Ask him where the USS Neversail is docked and what the name of the "SEAL hangout is". OPSEC prevents unencrypted transmission... :rofl: :dunno:

18. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    You're a Detective, right? :whistling:

Just asking...

19. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana