close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SE FL Gun/Pawn Shops

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by pearldrummerelx, Jan 2, 2009.

1. pearldrummerelx

pearldrummerelx
    Expand Collapse
    Giggity Giggity

I'm looking to get a Glock 22. I've been waiting for one for a while to pop up on the classifieds on here and a couple other forums, but haven't managed to get my hands on one just yet. I know the 22 is a HUGE gun with LE, and a lot of agencies either use or have used them in the past.

I've only visited one pawn shop, TJs in Royal Palm Beach, to pick up my G27 I bought new at the WPB gun show back in November. They may have had one, that either had a tremendous amount of holster wear or was outrageously priced. I know they were selling boxes of 357 20 rounds for over 50 bucks, so I'm banking on it being too expensive.

To get to my question. I wanted to know if anyone has frequented or knows of a good shop that sells them relatively cheap. I'm looking for a 3rd Gen 22, preferably in pretty good shape. I know it's the guts that count, but I hate seeing a gun with tremendous holster wear - unless it came from me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Liquid

Liquid
    Expand Collapse

#2 Liquid, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  3. pearldrummerelx

pearldrummerelx
    Expand Collapse
    Giggity Giggity

Thanks Liquid...hoping to find a Gen 3 though...saw bud's also had them, but isn't much of a deal when you factor in transfer fees

4. m41lover

m41lover
    Expand Collapse

Try Lee's Pawn Jewelry and Guns in Margate - 954-968-8484
    They are there about 9-5 M-Friday.
    Lee is very helpful over the phone - and the shop can fill with buyers - so if the line is busy, keep trying.
    Given all the buying going on, getting a used one may be difficult ...

5. pearldrummerelx

pearldrummerelx
    Expand Collapse
    Giggity Giggity

Thanks for the input...I'll try it out. Margate is pretty far though! I'm all the way up in Lake Worth - but I do make the commute to Boca 4 days a week for work, so we'll see

Anyone know any others?

6. rich52us

rich52us
    Expand Collapse

I'm in the Lake Worth area too. Sorry to say I haven't seen any good deals in pawn shops in the area down here. I've seen some prices high enough that you could get a new firearm for the prices they are trying to get for their pawned ones. Good luck.

7. Liquid

Liquid
    Expand Collapse

cant help much on locations. i do most of my buying on the net and pay a $20 transfer fee. before that i bought a few guns from lou's police supply in hialeah. they had the best prices around and had a huge selection.

#7 Liquid, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  8. Manofprint

Manofprint
    Expand Collapse

Try calling pompano pawn. I talked to him at a local show. The gentleman said he gets glocks in but they dont last

9. PBCounty

PBCounty
    Expand Collapse

My only store is Palm Beach Shooting Center - a little goofy I admit (as far as staff) but price / selection are satisfactory. Now this TJ you mention - not familiar and I'm a Royal Palm'er.

10. cpablum

cpablum
    Expand Collapse

I just used Lee's Gun and Pawn in Margate for an FFL transfer. They couldn't have been nicer, friendlier, or more helpful. Very professional, despite a good size crowd in the store. I don't think a seller could get any better than this! And their prices are extremely fair!

11. m41lover

m41lover
    Expand Collapse

I also highly recommend Lee's Pawn in Margate.

12. trekgod3

trekgod3
    Expand Collapse
    Quad-Glocker

What about the monthly gun show in West Palm? I haven't been there in a couple of years, but I remember seeing police trade in G22's for $349 I think.

13. Lunkerbass

Lunkerbass
    Expand Collapse

Awesome place to do business and I'm not just saying that because I live in Margate

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. Vicb

Vicb
    Expand Collapse

I live in Coral Springs... Does Lee's have a good selection?