close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SD Card Reader

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by sigman69, Dec 1, 2005.

1. hello,

also was wondering what is the best card reader out there for my digital camera? there are so many different brands and kinds....

2. sushi600

sushi600 What smells?

Mar 13, 2002
    Never really had a problem with any brand of reader (have bought pretty much cheapest possible). Just make sure it's USB 2.0 and that's about it...

I do make a habit of write protecting my SD cards before putting them in when copying files though... but that's more paranoia than anything.

3. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Aug 5, 2004
    Alabama
    My dad recommends this one from WalMart.com. It's a mutliple reader, not just for SD. However, it's only about $10 and shipping is around $5. He was blown away by the speed of the thing compared to the old Lexar JumpShot he was using for his CF cards.

4. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    I remember seeing an article on different media card readers. They had all of the name brand ones and some off/no name brand ones. According to their benchmarks, the one of the cheap no name brand ones was one of the fastest. I would recommend getting one of those that does read CF cards, SD cards, and others.