close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Scuba lessons in South Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Genso, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Genso

Genso Millennium Member

Sep 14, 1999
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Hi, I am interested in learning how to do scuba diving. I recently went snorkeling and I like it, and now I'd like to learn how to do diving, if possible, before New Years.

Where can I get training? How much time (hours/days) does it take to become certified, and generally competent? How much does training cost?

I live in Fort Lauderdale. Any good places to learn around here?

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    Head on up to West Palm Beach there is some good dive shops and some damn fine diving on the reef, you can coast the gulf stream thats a blast water depth is about 65' it's been years since I dove WPB but it was a blast, while you're at it get nitrox certified. :cool:
    Regards
    DW

3. seafoxfla

seafoxfla

Aug 14, 2009
    Miami
    Check and see if BCC has some classes starting up or the local YMCA. also Google PADI. It's not a cheap hobby.

4. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Jul 28, 2009
    FL CWP
    Lots of good shops in the West Palm and Jupiter area...Pura Vida Divers and Jupiter Dive Center are great...don't know around FLL...

Most OW courses will be around 300-400$ plus other costs...

Good luck.

-J.-

5. glock-fan

glock-fan

Sep 24, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I took it at Miami Dade Collegue, they are chep like $125.00 two days per week like 4 weeks if I'm not wrong. Later you have to do 4 inmersion in open water to get certified. They contract a private shop called Underwater Unlimited, and you get certified by SSI (scuba school international).

You won't regret it it is the best money spent.

6. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    There is a huge school in your town that teaches instructors. It is very close to the beach and has a wicked dive shop attached. I think it's called ProDive.