close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Scotch lovers forum please!!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by newmenu, Mar 20, 2009.

1. newmenu

newmenu

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Texas
    title says it all. supporters sound off! Lets let this thread be a source for which to find new favorite spirits and let it be a tool for sharing our favorites and least favorites.

Please dont hate on anyone else's favorite scotch or spirit, we are all entitled to our own opinion, some people just happen to be sheltered and us connoisseurs should politely bring these poor souls to the light.

Last edited: May 7, 2009

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    sherry casked.. Mac 18, Aberlour 16, Glen Rothes 91, Balvenie Sherry Casked 17 yr old...

3. punkture

punkture

Nov 24, 2003
    mississippi
    more of a bourbon fan personally, but when it comes to scotch, the only thing i have found that i like is the glenlivet, although i plan to brew scottish 60 or 80 shilling soon. not exactly the same thing, but definitely a hint of similar taste.

4. newmenu

newmenu

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Texas
    islay scotches are an aquired taste. once aquired, no other scotch, burbon or whiskey will ever do.

5. That's why I had to buy another bottle of Ardbeg (while wearing a Laphroaig hat).

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Behind my bar are Glenlivet 12 year, Jon, Mark and Robbo's The Smooth Sweeter One, Kirkland Signature/MacAllan 18 year sherry cask finish (a bargain at $79.99 - get it before Costco stops carrying it) and Isle of Jura Superstition. Eventually, everything else on that shelf will be moved to make room for another dozen or so scotches.

7. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
    I like rot-gut bourbon.

Jim Beam for me.

(I just finished a glass, neat)

8. I never developed a taste for Glenlivet. Not that it's bad, it's just not my thing. In a cabinet a few feet from me are Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Auchentoshan, Ardmore, Isle of Jura, Arran, Talisker, Glenfiddich (a gift from brother in law).

Here's a list (some ages listed) of whisky my wife and I have tried, purchased, stock. If there is no age listed that's because we tried it at a restaurant, friend's house, etc. There are others we'd like to try but are limited to what the local stores/restaurants stocks. My wife's favorite is Laphroaig, mine is Ardbeg. We drink it "neat" but it took me 10 years to train my wife.

Islay and Islands

Highland Park (12)
    Scapa (12)
    Talisker (10)
    Tobermory (10)
    Ardbeg (10)
    Arran (10)
    Bowmore (Legend)
    Bruichladdich (15)
    Bruichladdich (10 or 12)
    Bunnahabhain (12)
    Bunnahabhain (18)
    Caol Ila (12)
    Caol Ila (18)
    Isle of Jura (10)
    Lagavulin (16)
    Laphroaig (cask)
    Laphroaig (quarter cask)
    Laphroaig (10)
    McClellands (young Bowmore)

Highlands, Lowland, Speyside

Aberfeldy
    Balvenie
    Dalmore
    Gledfiddich (12)
    Glengarioch (8)
    Glenmorangie
    Oban (14)
    Old Pulteny (10 or 12)
    Speyburn (10)
    Speyside (12)
    Auchentoshan (Select)
    BenRomach
    Cragganmore
    Glenlivet (12)
    Glenlivet (18)
    Glenrothes
    The Macallan (12)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  9. newmenu

newmenu

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Texas
    I tried the Lagavulin(16y) last week and just loved it. It has to be in my top 3 scotches now.

my 3 fav are

Lagavulin (16)
    Bunnahabhain (18)
    Laphroaig (10)

with honorable metion going to Black Bottle for being very good and drinkable at under $20

10. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Feb 18, 2009
    PA South East
    I'm a newbie to scotch but I'm working my way up with a bottle of Glenfiddich 375 ml

I would love a Spirits forum.

11. Varghedne

Varghedne

May 2, 2009
    Scotch forum would be great. My top five right now are:
    Arran 100 proof, Ardbeg 10, Ardbeg Still Young, Clynelish 14 and Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
    Only drink'em straight, no water. Don't drink any other hard liquors than Scotch Single Malt.

12. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Feb 18, 2009
    PA South East
    The Glenfiddich I thought was OK til I bought and tasted a bottle of Glenlivet (12 year)
    I'm starting to get hooked on the Glenlivet.
    Unless I find a better Scotch :cool:

13. newmenu

newmenu

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Texas
    try the Bunnahabhain 12yo and youll forget all about Glenlivet

14. "Better" is personal taste. I do not care for Glenlivet or 'Fiddich. Glenmorangie is preferred.

15. newmenu

newmenu

Oct 6, 2005
    SE Texas
    because of this thread I tried a bottle of Lagavulin, and thanks to this thread, I found my new favorite scotch.

16. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Feb 18, 2009
    PA South East
    I don't see it stocked here in PA.:crying: