Glock Talk banner

sciatica aint no joke!!!

4K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Kadetklapp 
#1 ·
been out for three days now.....on vicodin, soma, and ibuprofin.

been out three days now, pain not as bad, feels like something just has to "pop" in place.....but no dice so far. might have to go back to be out of work longer....

this crap sux! once i get back together again, im doing the stretching excercizes, and seeing a chirprator asap.

thank the big cop in the sky it wasnt a disk or something that would end my career.

#27 ·
im just now getting the popping and cracking of the vertibrae being re-aligned.....went to chiropractor out of pocket, my city ins. doesnt cover this.

walked out of office like a new man, drove home, got out of the truck and all the pain came back.

time, bengay, hard floor, pain meds, muscle relaxers, and anti inflamitories....

once i get standing straight again im really going to pay attention to my back.

#28 ·
im just now getting the popping and cracking of the vertibrae being re-aligned.....went to chiropractor out of pocket, my city ins. doesnt cover this.

walked out of office like a new man, drove home, got out of the truck and all the pain came back.

time, bengay, hard floor, pain meds, muscle relaxers, and anti inflamitories....

once i get standing straight again im really going to pay attention to my back.
I was carried out of my house on a stretcher the last time my back went out. They gave me morphine at the ER and it was completely ineffective on the pain.

Chiropractic is good for keeping things moving but doesn't do much to correct the underlying problem.

My back and sciatica problems were the result of poor posture, muscle weakness in my lower back, and tight hamstrings/glutes from years of running and improper stretching.

I went to many therapists and doctors but they were only a little help. In the end I had to find out what I needed to do by trial and error. I could give you the program that fixed my problem but it is probably individual to me.

Good luck and hang in there. I swear I know just what you are going through and it sucks big time.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

#29 ·
I was carried out of my house on a stretcher the last time my back went out. They gave me morphine at the ER and it was completely ineffective on the pain.

Chiropractic is good for keeping things moving but doesn't do much to correct the underlying problem.

My back and sciatica problems were the result of poor posture, muscle weakness in my lower back, and tight hamstrings/glutes from years of running and improper stretching.
I went to many therapists and doctors but they were only a little help. In the end I had to find out what I needed to do by trial and error. I could give you the program that fixed my problem but it is probably individual to me.

Good luck and hang in there. I swear I know just what you are going through and it sucks big time.

Regards,
Happyguy :)
this is my problem to a T. of course the posture is a result of cruiser/gunbelt usage.....but im going to do more to stretch out during shift.

#30 ·
This week took a real toll on my back and hips.

For the first time ever I am considering changing a few things on my duty belt. I have a dull pain in my lower back, with shooting pains in my gun side hip and down the opposite leg.

I went to the in-laws and used his inversion table and that helped.

I am only 28, I never thought I would hurt like this at my age because of this job.

#31 ·
Find yourself a good Chiropractor that does some spinal stabilizing exercises. They will most likely give you some stretches and at home exercises to strengthen. The SI joints and the surrounding structures such as the lumbar and gluteal musculature. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

#38 ·
Sunday afternoon I lifted something in my basement I had no business lifting. I ended up tearing a muscle in my middle upper back. Sounded like a rifle shot and the next thing I knew I was on my knees. I came back to work today to try a half day, but without my dope, I'm miserable. Doc has me on vicodin, a muscle relaxer, and an anti-inflamatory. Misery....

#39 ·
Anyone tried gravity inversion? I did it a few times and it helped my back.
Got an inversion table. It works!!! I also stretch. I have armrests in the drivers seat of my KW, and I often use them to prop myself up and get weight off my back. In my loader I have to shove my ass as far back into the seat as I can. Otherwise, I'm done.

#40 ·
What helped me the most was I stpped carrying my wallet or anything else in my back pocket. Sitting on that crap can really mess you up.
Yes. That too. My wallet was way too thick with money, so to compensate I wear a High Standard 2 shot derringer in a wallet holster on the other side. Has the hole for my trigger finger. BTW I have discovered the best way to shoot one of those is with the middle finger on the trigger and the index pointed right at your 'target'. (You know, the guy who asked for your wallet)

Actually, lose the wallet and get a man purse. What with all the things we have to pack these days. Cell phone, wallet, car keys, check book, shopping list, Glock, extra mags, knife, comb, rubbers,..... wait a minute, that's my BOB.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.