close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Schuberth Helmets

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by donbubbo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. donbubbo

donbubbo
    Expand Collapse
    Say-Go!

Question; Is $318 a good price for a Schuberth S1 helmet? I'm thinking it's too good to pass up.:dunno:

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed
    Expand Collapse
    JAFO

I've never heard of them. I've had a boat load of different helmets over the years and as far as road helmets I don't see myself ever buying anything but Arai.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

Schuberth is a familiar brand for BMW riders.

Schuberth tends to focus a lot more on noise reduction and they make claims (that I don't think people can dispute or refute) that their helmets are the quietest available.

The few I saw in the showroom are well made, and the few that I saw in real life are well used.

I personally prefer Arai - specifically the Quantum II model because it fits my head perfectly and I can't complain about the quality or the record of safety (a nice asphalt surf with the head rubbed into the ground for about ten or fifteen yards). As far as loud wind noises, earplugs work great for me.

But we've digressed. Schuberth helmets are generally on the expensive side and are probably worth it. Some of the BMW helmets (not available in the US) are made by Schuberth.