Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Scdmv ?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by glockrod, Oct 20, 2008.

  1. glockrod

    glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

    Aug 28, 2004
    East of center, SC
    Do any of you know if a Kawasaki Mule 600 can be plated to drive on the road in SC. Im talking secondary roads, even dirt roads. I saw on the DMV website that there is a classification for slow four wheeled vehicles that go under 35 mph, but I dont know if that applies to a Mule.

  2. My understanding of SC law, as told to me by a sheriff deputy, is that all vehicles driving on roads, even secondary dirt or gravel roads, must have current, valid license plate. So by the letter of the law, anyone driving 4 wheeler or golf cart on public roads are subject to ticketing. Your mule would seem to apply, unless there is a special license that is available that I'm unaware of.

    Like any law, it is REALLY a matter of enforcement. In the rural area I live in, it is only enforced if there is a nuisance problem....

    Hope this helps....

  3. Glockphobia

    Glockphobia NOT!

    Apr 30, 2005
    best thing to do is call for clarification, the website does say something about a permit for GOLFCARTS on secondary roads and a max distance from your residents you can travel.
  4. thirdruffian1


    Aug 26, 2008
    I don't think it can be done legally.

    Here in the Upstate, we have more than our fair share of "liquor sickles" (mopeds), and they are dangerous enough.

    I don't think anyone would have a problem if you decided to ride a four legged mule on our secondary roads, though.