Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Scary Video! Attacked by a knife with no time for your defense pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 01coltcolt, Feb 4, 2012.

1. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Luminary

Oct 26, 2009
    I believe this has been posted before on GT but good on him for saving himself and that other dude that was in the store at the time.

Edit: Also good to see that the bystander was man enough to help out the clerk. I understand that first guy that got cut and ran because he was probably in shock from having his neck cut open.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

3. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

That was a pretty good shot for not aiming. I wonder what caliber it was, dam it had some Knock down behind it too!
  4. Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Going outside with pistol in hand was probably not the best idea. However, I am not so sure I would be so rational after something like that either. The best and most accessible place to maintain a firearm is “on you”.

Did the customer standing by the door when the man walked in get his throat slashed?

5. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

It looked like he may have been cut be the BG didnt get a good slice. That BG looked high or something. He was calm and emotionless. But his stabbs were sloppy. This would be a bad defense situation for anyone.
  6. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    Jeez. I wonder how that first victim came out?
  7. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Where did this take place? Any background???
  8. themiller

Jan 10, 2010
    virus @ that link FYI...
  9. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    I watched and analyzed probably 10 similar videos (some including firearms and some knife or bat) as a part of my training. Usually if there is no space to back or run into You gonna get cut or hit before You will draw your gun.
    So, the general consensus was - if You can create or at least maintain the distance while drawing your gun - do it.
    Do not stand and wait. Unfortunately the clerk had no chance to do this. Good to see the BG going down though. Scary it's.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  10. maniDAR

Oct 7, 2009
    By looking at it seems like either India or Pakistan. I did not see any blood on the first guy, Thank god as that cut would gush blood out in a hurry. BG went down with one shot.
  11. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    Whatever he shot that guy with......had some ass to it. He went down with one shot, and was motionless. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was dead before he hit the ground. I watched it many times, and cannot figure where he shot him.
  12. I had a guy try to pull a knife on me a couple years ago. Luckily he fumbled around while reaching into his pocket so I knew what he was about to do and I had a slit second to "prepare" myself. I drew my pistol at the same time he pulled a knife out of his pocket. I was thankful that he didn't try to unfold it and stuck it back in his pocket.
    We were only about 10 or 12 feet apart and if he would have had an open blade, I know it could have been a very grave situation. Although I already had my gun out and could have gotten a shot off, I'm sure he could have gotten me first whether I could have hit him or not.
    I'm just so thankful that it didn't play out that way. But it was a very sobering experience.:shocked:
  13. Fuerte

Fuerte Cigar?

Apr 29, 2005
    The Woodlands, TX
    Scary indeed! Easy to armchair quarterback here, but I wonder why the bystander in the black shirt didn't grab a bottle and break it over the BG's head? And with regard to the guy at the register going outside with the gun in hand, I probably would have assumed that there was someone else in a getaway car.

But WTH do I know...
  14. emopunker2004

emopunker2004 Da Jaila'

Apr 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    not for me
  15. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    A bottle over the head isn't very effective like it is in the movies.
  16. AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    I think the clerk got off a very lucky shot - looks like he was holding his pistol sideways, not even aiming & the bullet probably hit the BG's spine.
  17. Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Holy crap! Like others, I wonder about guy 1 who got his throat slashed. In the 2nd angel you can defiantly see blood.
  19. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    I really hope everyone turned out okay, especially the guy that got his throat slashed. Why would the clerk shoot sideways? Is that the default way for an untrained person to "instinctively" fire a pistol at a threat?

Th pistol appears to be a Bersa Thunder or something similar. I paused the video when the guy put it down on the counter and the gun looked like an oversized Walther PPK, which is sort of what a Bersa looks like.

I suspect this video is from somewhere in South America.
  20. Texanmile

Mar 28, 2011
    That was terrible to watch... but it would have been worse without the gun. I certainly hope that the attacker was sent to his maker and the innocents were ok.