Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

SC Troopers moving to the Glock .45?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Glockphobia, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
    my father-in-law is an SC Trooper in Beaufort (17yrs), and he came to stay with me and the wife (not far from the police academy) for 2 days last tuesday. i asked him what he was learning this time and he said he was taking an glock armorers course because they (SC TROOPERS)were moving to the glock .45. i followed up with "oh yea, what model" he said "the 17 i think". with that response i fiqured, which i already new 1) hes NOT a glock and 2) he DID NOT pay attention in class!
  2. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    My neighbor is a Trooper as well. A while back he told me they were switching to the .45 because they have shot people with their G-22s and failed to stop whatever it is they were doing that waranted a shooting. Maybe they're going with the slim frame .45. He is hoping to buy his issue G-22 because it has some sort of special serial number.

3. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    His last name wouldn't happen to be Woods, would it? If so, I know his sons and I'm good friends with his nephew Roger.
  4. Scunyon

Scunyon Ticket Stroker

Nov 3, 2003
    We're moving to the Glock 37 .45 G.A.P. I'm with the State Transport Police under DPS and we're all transitioning, so they say, by January, but maybe longer.

Unfortunately, we won't get the G39 for back-ups.
  5. ElevenO

Jan 10, 2001

Huh? There's got to be more to this story because the .40 S&W may be a lot of things but to weak for self defense shouldn't be one of them. :faint: :dunno: :dunno:
  6. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005