SC shooting ranges

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by 81jasonG23, Dec 5, 2007.

1. 81jasonG23

81jasonG23 Wheres the beef

I am looking for info on a shooting range in Pickens, SC in upstate South Carolina. I am sure that someone will redirect me to the Carolinas club, but there are more people here and I hoped for better info. I could use range info (price, hours) and how to get there. Your input is always appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Deweys Pawn Shop Old Augusta Rd. in Greenville has one but that's alittle far from pickens.

3. 81jasonG23

81jasonG23 Wheres the beef

I drive by deweys everyday for work but I don't think I would go there. They are a little expensive and only have 2 lanes. I don't like to wait much. I live in Greenville and tend to make the trip to Rex's indoor range in Flat Rock, NC. They have 8 lanes and are only $7/ half hour. I had heard that there was one in pickens that was free just have to bring your own targets.

4. The Pickens range is run by the DNR. I think it is listed on their website or hunting rules and regs booklet. Another place and much better (although,not free) is the Greenville Gun Club- it has pistol, rifle, etc. There supposedly is an indoor range opening up on Poinsette Hwy, or Cedar Lane Rd. soon.
    LF

5. The Pickens County Range is a great outdoor range. It gets pretty busy on weekends if you don't get there early. Pistol, rifle, skeet. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/law/rifleranges.html

I've heard that Travelers Rest is getting an indoor range soon, but that is not too close to Pickens.

6. Hey Creek,
    I had heard about the Travelers Rest indoor range from a pretty good source also. Sure would like to see one of them open.
    LF

7. rebbryan

rebbryan .40FireFighter

I've been to the Pickens range, it's pretty nice