close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SC CWP instructor caught cheating

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cphilip, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    in SC is 8 hour class for cwp, that class should be two hours tops and rage time

2. Numismatist

Numismatist 5-Stand!

Nov 2, 2011
    Coast of Maine
    freaky...everyone was in on it, it looks like...

3. What I find sad is you need a permit to carry, much less you guys actually happy that a fellow gunnie is arrested for doing this. :upeyes:

If you like this, you're a very sad person indeed, and maybe should live in Canada or something.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

4. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

Aug 27, 2006
    CT
    :rofl::tongueout:

5. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    The rules are the rules and we all live by them. Regardless of if you like them or not... I obey them while working to change them. No one likes a cheater. Simple as that. The guy was cheating to make money. Less effort and signing off. He knew the rules and he lied. I don't like liars.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    since I don't think there should be any government intrusion or regulation on gun ownership, I hope his case gets dismissed or he gets the lightest punishment possible.

7. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    Ours was like 4 or 5 hours classroom (which included a few breaks to take finger prints, photos and quickly to eat something while discussing and reviewing laws too) and then Range qualification was the last 3 hours or so. That's the norm here in SC.

This guy just took the money and signed off (falsification and perjury) and left. Report I hear is for as many as 15 people. Who also then swore in their application they had completed the requirements and knew they hadn't

8. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    Has nothing to do with ownership... is concealed carry. And I would prefer not to have to have a license either but it is the law.

He applied to be an instructor, went through the process to get bonded and licensed and swore to uphold the law and yet now you say he should get some sort of special treatment?

You do realize he wanted to be an instructor for this don't you? HE wasn't forced to involve himself in it.... he wanted to do it to make money. And, in this case, cheat do it. He agreed to the terms and broke them. I hope they make an example of him.

9. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

How the ^ell does Canada fit into this fraud. I don't really think that Canadian firearms law or any of the 21 million firearms that are here an the people that own them have any direct relation to commiting acts of public fraud on the residents of SC. Furthermore this criminal act has more potential to have possible deadly results from CWP holders an the public of SC.:wavey:

10. So glad I live in AZ, the Euphoric state :supergrin::wavey:

[​IMG]

Clyde

11. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance

This confirms my opinion of you and why we don't see eye to eye.

You look at this situation and see a man cheating the system as a victim somehow?

He committed Perjury and falsified records going to the state.
    I guess we see your situational ethics at work again..

Bravo you do not disappoint.

Have a great trying to explain your stance on this day.

12. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Mister Beefy in a few short paragrafs or words desribe the rage, torment or any other feeling that comes to mind how you would feel posting here on GT the fact that someone you love in your family was killed by stray gunfire of an individual who payed $95.00 for a worthless permit.:whistling:

13. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Again this confirms my observations of another practitioner of situational ethics.

If it was a COP doing this your response would be much different.

he is a cheat. liar and thief...

When I instructed classes in Florida for CWPs, the attendees got what they paid for and I stayed after to answer any other questions.

This guy CHEATED the system..

14. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    As an instructor you hear some good ones...Once as a student myself the "instructor" told us his opinions on a certain race for the duration of 2.5 hr class, no laws,no info, no paperwork, nothing..SAD. Some will cut corners, I wont even for a good buddy, some of the safety stuff just might save him or his family from an accident and I couldnt live with doing shoddy instruction. I like to see other folks that have taken diff classes because it gives them something to compare my training to. If you are in this for the money my friend you will probably be disapointed.

15. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    While I agree that few courses do fill the TOTAL hrs listed. I doubt if 30% of training I have taken for cert has taken the FULL"hrs" listed for it. Most instructors can finish long before "hrs" required. Most classes do "give" you the answers for the exam. Just listen during lecture. Its a poor instructor that does not have answers to final exam either in lecture or required reading.
    See the idea is they teach you the info, you show you understood it by marking it on final exam. (yes it does not show understanding most times, just memory)
    I recall many varied courses where instructor gives test. "You can go once I grade it or stick around for another hr as we wait for 8 hrs to end" The answer always seems to be "we need MORE HRS OF training" Which wind up being make work.
    If this guy had the course go 90% of time I would feel bad for him. As it sounds like he didn't fulfill requirement in any way. Major fail. He ruined it for everyone else.

16. Open Carry would've prevented this, and also make it unnecessary to have a permit. :wavey:

What's the difference if a person carries a gun in the open, or under their jacket? The laws are the same if you have to use the gun regardless.

Thinking that people actually go to the class to learn how to handle a firearm, well, that's a joke.

Clyde

17. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    My classes run typically 1 -1 1/2 hrs over due to some very good student questions. Some folks put effort out and some dont.

18. Sorry, Clyde...but just because you think a person is a 'fellow gunnie' isn't an excuse to ignore the fact he violated the rules that other people follow.

Most importantly, he cheated his students out of the frearm safety and legal responsibilities of concealed carry information that is highly important for anyone who decides to carry a concealed firearm.

IMO...the proficiency requirement is a very good idea. In fact, I know several people who have taken the SC CCW class to learn how to handle a handgun.