close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SC Concealed Weapon Lic Question

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by ChiefWPD, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    My wife and I would like a winter place in SC for when I retire in a couple of years (we like the Aiken area a great deal). Am I correct in understanding that a part-time resident of SC can now apply for a concealed weapons permit?

And, yes I know that so long as I am within my 12 month qualification cycle I'm covered in SC (through the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, so called). None the less, if I have a place down in that state I'd like a permit for it as well, just in case. For the record I have permits for FL, New Hampshire and PA, even though I "don't need them."

Thanks all! :wavey:

OK, went to the SLED site and found out that a person must first own property in order to qualify for an out of state permit.

I'll have to make sure both my wife and I are listed as the owners when I finally buy something!

2. honkey

honkey

Dec 20, 2008
    In a house
    Well I know that by having that N.H. CWP, you can also carry in Georgia. I know that has nothing to do w/ the question you asked, but I thought that might be helpful. I live in southern Anderson county about 10 miles from the GA line. Had to apply for the N.H. license to be able to carry in GA.

3. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC