Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

SBR transfer in GA or out of state

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by yang88she, Aug 6, 2009.

  1. yang88she


    Feb 10, 2009
    I was thinking of putting up my Sig 556P SBR on sale (ammo prices, desire for a custom 1911, really deserves a home where it would get more use) or trade.

    I tried doing some "google-ing" but I didn't quite understand what was needed in order to transfer / sell w/ in the state of GA. or if I was to sell or trade out of state.

    ie. do I need to use a Class 3 dealer? does the potential buyer or tradee need to apply for a form 4 or purchase 1? 2? 3? tax stamps?

    thanks for any info and help
  2. Deployment Solu

    Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

    Jul 18, 2007
    I believe you DO need a Class 3 dealer, the purchaser, if in state, must apply for and pay the $200.00 tax stamp. If out of state the same applies, but there is an additional transfer to another state $200.00.

    In state buyer $200.00, out of state buyer $400.00